xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modified Startup Animation Sequence - Complex  (Read 179 times)

xboxistheshiznit

• Archived User
Modified Startup Animation Sequence - Complex
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

so do you think its real? for now, till i see proof, im going to say fake... but it would be cool as hell if i were real.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »

It's Complex, at least they claim to be, but they did just register today... however, I think it's real. Why? Well, it's either a real DirectX animation or a very complicated 3-D rendering - but whoever did it knew what they were doing.

I suspect it's an Xbox app, written to demo the 3-D code they would insert into the BIOS. Yes, it can certainly be done, BTW, as the Flubber uses DirectX and other standard calls as well. All it requires is the flubber to be removed and the new animation to be linked in.

xboxistheshiznit

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

i would be much more convinced if they release a video of it

xboxistheshiznit

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2003, 07:41:00 PM »

k... with the video that was released on maxconsole.com (http://www.maxconsol...xbox&newsid=329) im a bit more convinced this is real, which is a good thing  beerchug.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (smitty555 @ Jul 15 2003, 08:57 PM)
This looks very interesting. Wonder if the Complex logo will be the only option or if you will be able to put anything on it. Im sure its still to early to tell but it would be nice if a bios tool was made that allowed you to modify it how you wanted. Also noticed the background was the same but looks like the camera angles are adjustable. Hats off to Complex in any event.  beerchug.gif

It should be possible, within  certain limits, to alter the model from flubber, change the pulsation of the flubber/alternative model, and change the viewing angle, which is exactly what they did.

A tool like XBTool could probably do this. Complex did do a wonderful and seamless job in replacing this data, but the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking it's more akin to a big patch, rather than all new code.

smitty555

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

If it is a fake, someone went to a lot of trouble to fool us.  beerchug.gif

BunnyMan

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

well after the past few weeks i believe anything is possible i love modding my xbox its a beautiful thing can't wait to see how this turns out should be sweet

Rob3121

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

I don't know why Complex would make a fake animation?  That would be pretty stupid...
Pages: 1 [2]