xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Wont Boot  (Read 63 times)

holbry

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Boot
« on: March 10, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »

I enstalled the phoenix bios a while back and my Xbox worked perfect for a long time.  But I didnt use it for a long time and just recently I hooked it back up and it dosent boot.  It keeps looping and looping for about 6 hours and finally brings up a blank screen and the light is flashing red and green.  It also wont boot regular xbox games. I used the 007 hack when mooding it and I have a v1.1 xbox.  Can someone please help or is my xbox fried?  <

Blank

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Boot
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

After using the 007 gamesave hack, what exploit did you install? Fonts or Audio? If fonts, what fonts did you use?  <

hydr0g3n

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Boot
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

did you have the xbox unpluged from the mains? if so its prob stuck in a clock loop..... have a search on here see if you can find how 2 fix that.

just a wild guess. :D   <

holbry

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Boot
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

I used the Bert and Ernie reloaded exploit with phoenix bios, and yes I did have it unplugged for the time but ever since I have installed the phoenix bios it hasnt looped on me till now, and before when it looped it would finally boot up evox now it just boots a blank screen and i cant ftp from the blank screen Ive already tried.  <

hydr0g3n

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Boot
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

can u boot from a DVD disk?  <

holbry

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Boot
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

We should put this in the faq page or something because I found a solution to my problem, and I have saw like 5 other posts on it none with a solution. I did three things I dont know which one fixed it and it could be a combonation of all of them but anyway heres what I did: First I plugged my ethernet cable from the Xbox into my hub which is connected to my dsl modem, second I unplugged my Xbox from the surge protector and plugged it directly into the wall, and finally I put a dvd in the disk drive. It ran for about 6 hours and finally came out of the loop into evox and not a blank screen!!!!  Ever since it has booted on first try and believe me I will never leave it unplugged again. Thanks to all of you who tried to help.

P.S. I know its not just the dvd in the drive or just the ethernet cause I tried them each by themselves with no sucess.

This post has been edited by holbry: Mar 13 2004, 05:06 AM <