xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Guidance  (Read 138 times)

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« on: March 09, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

ok ive been reading the dashboard and gamesave hacks for a while now and ive been thru so many tutorials that i cant find this one tutorial where it described how to use memory card to start evox on an unmodded xbox and then ftp the audio or font exploits and bios and then use audio cd to start up evox. can someone find me that ? correct me if im wrong in : do i always need memory card to boot up evox ? coz then whats the point of havin the bios files in the audio/font hack. im really confused right now coz i read toooo many tutorials lol. thanks to any one who helps out. ez.   <

Blank

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

No, you don't need to load evox from the memory card everytime. For starters, you copy the save from the card to your xbox hdd and load it from that. I'm not sure where you are looking for tutorials, but a lot of them are pretty straight forward on installing. Instead of using the cd audio exploit, try the no-cd one. The bios are in the exploit so you can load hacked bios (They allow you to run unsigned code, apps, games, etc).  <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

can u gimme a lil more info on the no cd one ? coz im all out of it now  :huh:   <

JBNinja99

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

it's pretty simple to do. you can check my sig for the font/audio tutorial and just do the audio part. to have audio and PBL on all you really need to do is load PBL onto your root E, load the swapless cd exploit ST.DB onto your E/Tdata/fffe000/music folder.   <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

Ok got a situation here:
I have a modded xbox(matrix) w. 80 gb hd.
I have an unmodded xbox and a 30gb hd that i wanna put into it.

So now cant i use the 30gb hd on my already modded xbox and load evox and all the exploits in it and hook it up to the unmodded xbox ? it seems logical but i get a feeling there is a flaw in my plan. if there is then please clarify what i thought wrong and also how after i use the exploit in the unmodded xbox i can change the hd. i kno there are tutorials for it but mainly what im thinkin of is if i cud do the thing i jus mentioned.

any ideas ?

lemme make it easier to understand:
take 30gb hd and put in modded xbox, use slayers to format and install everything and then ftp and transfer the exploits to the 30gb hd and then hook up 30 gb hd to the unmodded xbox and boot and run the exploit...or something along those lines....

This post has been edited by tareqsattar: Mar 11 2004, 12:49 AM <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »

i dont suppose there is any ohter way to get the 007 + evox filesinto the mem card other that hookin it up to the pc right ?  <

Blank

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (tareqsattar @ Mar 13 2004, 01:36 PM)
i dont suppose there is any ohter way to get the 007 + evox filesinto the mem card other that hookin it up to the pc right ?

I'll put it on for you... PM me and we'll talk. :)  <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

why am i getting a corrupted save problem now ? im using a interact mem card 8 mb is that why ? ive also noticed that most tutorials either say "put the 007+hack save into the card and ..." or "put the hack into the mem card and delete this and that and..." so which one am i supposed to do ?   <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

ok figured that out, now im at error 21 after doin everything ? any ideas where i messed up ?

EDIT : yea figured it out, its probably the rc4 key problem now, if anyone is kind enuf to help me out on this pm me. thanks.  

This post has been edited by tareqsattar: Mar 15 2004, 02:44 AM <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

tried audio hack but it tells me ive created more than 100 soundtracks or something  :blink:   <

BoX_Head

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

Someone correct me if i'am wrong but if you are going to setup a hard disk in a modded xbox for use in an xbox thats running xploits, then i believe you have to set the eeprom temporarily on the modded xbox to the same eeprom as the fresh xbox and then condition the hard drive.....

Could be wrong but im sure i've read that somewhere along the way :)  <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

yea ur right but i got so tired of tryin to make the exploits workin that im savin the hd changing thing for later, lemme get  a hang of doin the exploits first. speakin of which. i am now succusfully able to load pbl with ONLY audio exploits. i get the phoenix logo and then the main logo and then nothing happens, if i press A button then it appears as though something is loading but it comes bak to ms dash. any pointers anyone ?

EDIT: its 2:14am EST and i DID IT OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   :beer:  

This post has been edited by tareqsattar: Mar 15 2004, 06:32 AM <

JBNinja99

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

so you got font and audio working?  <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

nope jus audio, without fonts, it stills runs backups so thas all i care about.  :D
someone make a tutorial on how i did it, it was so simple and it took such a long time to figure it out from all the tutorials
1. use ma/007 to ftp to xbox as usual
2. change dash to 4920 using slayers(backup original b4 u do this)
3. ftp the audio exploits to e: and also the pbl files and rename default.xbe to linux.xbe
4. ftp evox to c and reboot and use the key combo and ur in evox  B)

This post has been edited by tareqsattar: Mar 15 2004, 04:14 PM <

tareqsattar

• Archived User
Need Some Guidance
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

jus wondering...when i downgraded the dash i hit backup b4 i did that from evox, but i didnt see any backup folder on my c drive. i have a 30gb hd that already has evox installed and is partitioned and it was in my modded xbox b4....so if i copy all of the c drive from the unmodded xbox into the 30gb and lock it and try to use it on the unmodded one will it work ?  <