xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Build 3935  (Read 145 times)

Biniecki

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« on: March 07, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

I thaught that this build of evox was suppost to take care of the clock loop. However i have a newer xbox and i still get this loop and in the most recent occurance of this it took 5 hours to get out of the loop. Now whats up with that. Is there a newer build yet that i should b using with the MA font exploit on a 1.4 or 1.5 version xbox. I finally got PBL to stop flickering with the new PBL ver 1.4 and was wondering if there may b a new build of evox out to help solve this loop issue  <

f.u.

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

I would like to know, how do you know you have the clock loop?  My machine goes into a reboot loop with the chip on when it's trying to load the Evox dash.  Is this the clock loop?  Shall I leave it on rebooting for hours?  Will Evox Dash eventually load?

Please help.  My XBox cannot boot even with the mod chip off.  Error 21.   <

SpYdErWeB

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »

We just got rid of a clock loop(reboot loop) on a softmodded v1.4 xbox today: simply wait for the xbox to try and load the ms dashboard and unplug the ide cable for a hotswap.  Make sure you unplug the IDE cable at the correct time so that the hardrive is accessible with HDD driver.  <

f.u.

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

unplug for a hotswap?  I'm guessing that means switch Hard disks?  Please could you explain it in more detail please.  Both my HD's do not boot.  Same error.  <

ldots

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

No Evox dash version will ever fix the clock loop. The clock loop is related to the hacked fonts that MSdash loads.
What SpYdErWeB is talking about must be that he succesfully hotswapped a harddrive to access it with hddriver and restore the original fonts, thereby allowing the clock to be set upon reboot.  <

f.u.

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »

i'm not using hacked fonts though.  Does this mean mine is a completely different error?  <

ldots

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 11:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (f.u. @ Mar 10 2004, 08:23 AM)
i'm not using hacked fonts though.  Does this mean mine is a completely different error?

My reply was addressed to Biniecki. Your problem most be of a different nature.
1) Could be something wrong with you chip.
2) Could be something with your dash files (evox). Can you boot to a original game with the chip off. If so get 007, Ma or Splintercell and use a save game hack to ftp to you box and replace evox.
3) If you cannot boot with the chip off (error 21) you most likely removed your xboxdash.xbe (or renamed it) and maybe put some other dash (maybe evox) instead. Since this is not signed with the MS key you will get error 21 when booting without the chip.

Could be a lot of things. If you manage to ftp to your box check the content of your C: and E:  <

f.u.

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »

Only Halo (origianl) works on my machine with the chip on only.  All my other originals do not work with the chip on or off.

Does the contents of E: effect the boot up?  I have found a file manager program that boots from the CD.  I plan to use that and burn my C: back up on a CDRW and transfer it back to the XBox.

I have also checked the Slayer CD's contents and found that the E: only requires the 2 folders for keeping game saves.  <

ldots

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »

Only Halo (origianl) works on my machine with the chip on only. All my other originals do not work with the chip on or off.

Doesn't sound good!

With a chip mod I wouldn't expect the contents of E: to affect your boot proces.
The bios on your chip has a prioritized list of dashboards it tries to run. Normally the first option is evoxdash.xbe. So normally you would have both evoxdash.xbe and xboxdash.xbe on your C: With the chip off the box should boot xboxdash.xbe with the retail bios. Since this doesn't happen for you it could be that your xboxdash-files were deleted. If the chip works you could boot a CD-RW with evox on it and get these dash-files from Slayers.  <

f.u.

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

Thanks for the replies.

I have checked and the xboxdash.xbe is on the Xbox.  I get Error 21.  I'll see if a fresh copy of C: will do the trick.  I have a feeling this problem might be related to somthing new that MS have done since my XBox was manufactured in Jan this year.  I think I have the latest dash and everything.  I guess i'll have to either wait till a new evox dash that boots on my machine comes out or a FTP server software that will boot on my machine from CD.  I'm not happy to find out that Executor used to have the FTP server with the bios and now they have removed it for all the bioses compatible with v1.5 XBox.  <

Biniecki

• Archived User
Evox Build 3935
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

My reply was addressed to Biniecki. Your problem most be of a different nature.
1) Could be something wrong with you chip.
2) Could be something with your dash files (evox). Can you boot to a original game with the chip off. If so get 007, Ma or Splintercell and use a save game hack to ftp to you box and replace evox.
3) If you cannot boot with the chip off (error 21) you most likely removed your xboxdash.xbe (or renamed it) and maybe put some other dash (maybe evox) instead. Since this is not signed with the MS key you will get error 21 when booting without the chip

Im not using a mod chip i used the MA exploit to install PBL and Evox and everytime i do this the box will preform beautiful for awhile and then out of nowhere it will do the loop  <