xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Booting Bios From Cd-rom, Hdd Whatever  (Read 135 times)

matt03

• Archived User
Booting Bios From Cd-rom, Hdd Whatever
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (theLameOne @ Jun 23 2003, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (Aspect @ Jun 22 2003, 11:07 PM)
Strange... I've been able to do this since I've gotten my debug kit.  Its nothing new, its something MS coded into the debug bios.  They use it with recovery discs, and bios development, I suppose.  The only new thing here is getting non-MS bioses to load, which wasnt very hard.

pop.gif

-Aspect
ph34r.gif

Aspect why are you so damn pessimistic?
I last mentioned this in this thread:
http://www.xboxhacke...0921&hl=xboxrom

where YOU implied it was impossible because your debug has a slightly different MCPX (which is actually totally false, but stupidly I believed you)

That executor 4977 BIOS would not boot normally, BTW, there were a couple of things that needed to be done.

Aren't you glad that its now become easier to use retail BIOSs on your debug junk?

Edit: preaching...

Don't  let it get ya down.  Many of us are VERY appreciative of this work.  You see, my situation is that I have a matrix and a completely hosed TSOP, and I want to be able to run Pixel8's or your VGA bios which are 512k.  So if there is any way to boot these off the harddrive using a modded 256k bios, I'm sure that many would benefit from this.

Voltaic

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 10:53:00 AM »

blink.gif

Stripey_Horse

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »

Is there any way of recovering from a XBOXROM.BIN file that freezes the system w/o having to HEX edit the HDD to rename the file?

-Volt. 

EASY.. find a linux distro for PC called xlinux1.2

I used it after i had BIG problems with a 4977 E Boot gone wrong.. Renamed and Copy files to my E partition fine (and u could just mount C and it would work..)

Find it in the usual places , under PC/APPS/HDD TOOLS/ , i think.

Stripey_Horse

vegetal

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »

sad.gif

LzAkNw

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2003, 03:25:00 AM »

I still don't get how to install this. I downloaded a Xecutor II bios from a folder that said that it could boot another bios. I have a cheapmod and I'm wondering what I have to do to use this. Do I flash the Xecutor II Bios I got and then put a file somewhere or what.
Thx
Pages: 1 [2]