xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: X2 4976/4977 Network Cable Problem  (Read 519 times)

oasiswr

• Archived User
X2 4976/4977 Network Cable Problem
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

I never had a problem with ftp and i'm using 4973 bios for xecuter 2 lite chip and all my ftp is done by a computer using flash fxp. I have tried using the ftp that came with various sites but the xbox ftp server setup was really to slow vs almost getting the full 10MBs from a router. As for using your router to go online you must set your xbox as a dmz host in order for it to work right on xbox live. The only setting I have set for ftp was to look for the ip that my router gives to my xbox and input it into flash fxp and the setting in evox. The new slayer's auto installer 2.1 works like a dream so I would recommend that. About the only thing you need to change with the auto installer is the hdd loader since it's the 1.0 version.

flea17

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2003, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (nufan @ Jun 19 2003, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Morglum @ Jun 20 2003, 12:59 AM)

But the Evo-X BIOS sucks, and lets be honest, it DOES suck.

If this really is an X2 BIOS bug, as soon as Team Xecuter know about it (which by now im sure they do) there will be a fix in a matter of days, so just unplug the damn cable for now and stop being a bunch of whinging babies  dry.gif

yeah that really helps when you want to play online doesnt it? fuckin idiot, if the thread doesnt affect you then fuck off and ignore it. As for now theres quite a few of us with the problem just trying to get it out there and compare specs etc.. to try identify the problem. Theres no whinging involved you idiot. I've brought it to the x2 teams attention a long time ago and they have said they don't know, so we're trying to identify the problem further.

How does it feel to know that YOU were/are the f'n idiot, nufan?  This is an Evox problem not an Executer problem kid.  Learn the facts before you start tossing names around.

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

rash65

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2003, 02:46:00 AM »

Its a me again :-)

So if you think its a matter of how many different Bios you have on your chip, I disagree, because I got a LPC Mod with only one Bank and the same problems.

Since i`m using avalaunch I never again had a lockup in a game, and connecting via FTP also worked fine. Then after a while I flashed the chip from 4976 to 4977 noani_red and it worked fine, but after two days I could not connect via FTP (even after restarting the PC) so i flashed back to 4976 and now everything works fine again.

I was also wondering since when the problems started, and I think they started when I switched from xbmp 2.3 => 2.4(complex-release). Could anyone affirm this?

And why don`t you like avalaunch? The newest Version works 100% fine for me. FTP is quick, it runs stable and is skinnable.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]