xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: X2 4976/4977 Network Cable Problem  (Read 520 times)

nufan

• Archived User
X2 4976/4977 Network Cable Problem
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »

sorry to keep posting, but after some playing around just have some more observations. I'm hoping these little things will help us solve the problem *crosses fingers*

Ok so in doing some troubleshooting, i just load up an App or a game and test IGR, if it freezes (thats the problem) then the other elements that are freezing for me (xbmp and playing online) happen to, so IGR is just the test to see if the bug is still there.

anyway like i said above, thought i had the problem fixed but this morning im still getting lock ups on IGR.

anyway the wierd thing was, i loaded up the avalaunch dashboard, and do IGR IN there, and it returns to the evoX dash (of course) but doesnt freeze ! every single time i did IGR from avalaunch dash back to evoX it worked fine. However trying a game or an app in between these 'working' times still created the freeze. Why would this be? its like IGR'ing FROM avalaunch is fine but not from anything else.

Just as a note, i WOULD use avalaunch as my default dash if i could, its a nice dash, HOWEVER i get freezes in there as well. Just random freezes whilst navigating through the dash. Also, the second i try to connect to FTP to my box, the avalaunch dash freezes. Its like the second there is 'activity' on the network cable it freezes.

Anyways only thing i can think of now is the hub its connecting to has some type of issue which causes the freeze, so i guess my new switch, or if i borrow my mates switch to test will tell me this. Besides that then i really don't know and will have to just drop this long running problem and live with taking out the network cable most of the time (not a problem) and living without online play (my main concern)

Sorry to ramble on, once again im just trying to help this minority of us with this problem and feel any one of these little things might push us closer to a result :|

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »

smile.gif

X-ace

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2003, 02:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (nufan @ Jun 21 2003, 08:13 PM)
X-ace wtf? if you read my post it showed all the instances it was happening. IGR was one of the issues,

Read all the posts, didn't mean to get you upset. I thought I saw a focus on the IGR (even in the ones you have posted afterwards).

I guess to me the IGR hack is not such a big deal. I am happy when it works, and when it doesn't, it doesn't.

I do think that the freezing is a larger problem than IGR, so in  the end we actually agree.

Netman

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2003, 03:46:00 AM »

My xbox specs are in my sig.  I have tried every version of evox and all evox igr is disabled.  I am currently running 4974 without a problem.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

clubsurfer,
try 4976.02_red_noani
I had same problem and using that bios fixed it and you get the media patches...

redrum374

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »

I have noticed one constant thing in all the replies everyone uses XP Professional. It can only make me wonder if windows is my culprit. I always keep my computer on going to try to turn it off and see if it boots my games no problem. here goes

redrum374

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

Ok here it is I turned off my computer running xp pro and rebooted my box to boot up brute force which by the way NEVER boots unless network cable is unplugged. I exited game and rebooted the game 4 time to make sure that it wasnt just a fluke that made it boot up. I then turned my computer back on rebooted game and BAM NO BOOT. It has to be a problem with xp pro settings I dont know what, but it is the problem I believe. And since there are so many types of hardware out there for computers xp pro sets its self up diffrently for everyone and every type of network. Xp pro is my problem I know it is somehow. Gonna need some OS techs for this one!

Netman

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »

That is an interesting find.  I will have to put 4977 back on my xbox and play around with it.

Netman

kapkorn

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (redrum374 @ Jun 24 2003, 07:13 PM)
Ok here it is I turned off my computer running xp pro and rebooted my box to boot up brute force which by the way NEVER boots unless network cable is unplugged. I exited game and rebooted the game 4 time to make sure that it wasnt just a fluke that made it boot up. I then turned my computer back on rebooted game and BAM NO BOOT. It has to be a problem with xp pro settings I dont know what, but it is the problem I believe. And since there are so many types of hardware out there for computers xp pro sets its self up diffrently for everyone and every type of network. Xp pro is my problem I know it is somehow. Gonna need some OS techs for this one!

we need to figure out what to change to see if that will do it though  biggrin.gif

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

I tried 4976.02 red noani  and 4977 blue noani, red was still getting stuck. But guess what?
4977 Blue Noani did the trick!  biggrin.gif

Now I reflashed my chip  -- 4977 blue noani in Bank 1, 4977 (normal) noani in Bank 2.
Both are working w/out problems! BTW, I flashed with evox so maybe that had an effect (before I was flashing with Ozxflash).

So for others who still have this problem - try the color bioses, and try using Evox to flash if you are not already.

Thanks mrRobinson and Netman for the ideas  smile.gif

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (redrum374 @ Jun 24 2003, 07:13 PM)

actually, your OS and your computer has nothing to do with it. It is just another network device, hooked on the same LAN as your xbox. Turning off your computer is essentially the same thing as disattaching it from the router/hub/switch/NIC. Remember, the xbox can be accessible by many other comps on a LAN not just one, so it doesn't matter what each client OS software is.

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2003, 02:15:00 AM »

smile.gif thanx underthebridge btw, if u hadnt mentioned u flashed with 2 different bios's i wouldnt have tried.

Netman

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2003, 03:21:00 AM »

I tried running with 4977 Blue Noani in bank 0 and 4974 Red Noani in bank 1.

I dont see how the color change or removing the animation has anything to do with it.  Here is another thought.  When I make my bios files they are all 256k.  

I then use:

copy /b 256k_bios1.bin + 256k_bios1.bin + 256k_bios2.bin + 256k_bios2.bin 1mbios.bin

to make my 1mb bios file.  I dont know maybe there is some weird thing happening here.  I guess I am grasping at straws but want to look at every step taken from start to finish to see where the problem may be.

Netman

edit: I think I will try to flash both banks with different version of 4977.  Maybe there is an issue with using 2 different versions of the bios on the lite chip?

I also just made a 1mb bios using the Xbox Bios Manager.  I will load it when I get home later.

underthebridge

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »

yeah Netman, you should try X2 bios manager

Great to hear it's working nufan.

Now I can't help but wonder, if we CAN get the bios to work properly, then the probs could be due to a bad flash or something of the sort.

vtex

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2003, 02:46:00 AM »

OK, I started noticing this problem on my xbox last night.

V1.1
4796.02 on all banks. blue noani made from multiversion with xbtool
X2.1 Lite
orig HDD running evox
crossover cable
PC running XP home

Problem happened when running Ghost Recon from hdd, mate turned no his xbox with halo in drive and it crashed my xbox. also happens connected to pc in xbmp. just randomly crashes.

I will try 4796.02+4796.02 and 4977+4977 and see if problem is solved
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5