xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Removing The Xbox Intro  (Read 83 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Need Help Removing The Xbox Intro
« on: May 27, 2003, 05:17:00 AM »

You have to get the BIOS file yourself.  You may not get it here.  Once you have it, however, you can use XBtool to remove the animation by simply opening the BIOS image in XBtool, unchecking "Animation", and saving it.  Verrrrry simple.

dataprep

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

if you are using an x2lite chip it will have been flashed anyway so just DL the latest bios and edit that, then flash it. don't worry bout what you have on it now.

krobby

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »

If you don't even know what a bios is you probably shouldn't be trying to flash yours. I'd suggest hitting google (or maybe some elementary school-level computer books) and maybe read up on some computing basics (like what a bios is/does). After that you can hit the forums and xbox-scene tutorials to figure out where it is and what you're going to have to do to flash it... Oh yeah.. and add that to your list of things to look up while you're at it.. read up on flash rom basics.

You should also ask yourself 'if i don't even know what a bios is should i really be attempting to do something that can render my xbox useless?'

Those are my thoughts on your problem so far..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (krobby @ May 27 2003, 11:08 AM)
If you don't even know what a bios is you probably shouldn't be trying to flash yours. I'd suggest hitting google (or maybe some elementary school-level computer books) and maybe read up on some computing basics (like what a bios is/does). After that you can hit the forums and xbox-scene tutorials to figure out where it is and what you're going to have to do to flash it... Oh yeah.. and add that to your list of things to look up while you're at it.. read up on flash rom basics.

You should also ask yourself 'if i don't even know what a bios is should i really be attempting to do something that can render my xbox useless?'

Those are my thoughts on your problem so far..

Agreed....

Anybody who's asking the kinds of questions Woah is should simply leave things be and educate themselves with a LOT of reading and searching before even contemplating anything complex.

fizgig10

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

As I understand it, the BIOS resides inside the XBOX controller.  That's why it needs to be plugged in when you turn the xbox on.

To program the controller you need the BIOS file on a floppy disk.  Fold up the floppy disk until you are able to fit it into the controller memory port.

Hold down start and back and, while standing on your head, turn the xbox on and count to 3000.

Worked for me anyway... Or was I just hallucinating after the head stand?  I dunno but there sure were a lot of pretty colors...

Woah

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (fizgig10 @ May 27 2003, 04:39 PM)
As I understand it, the BIOS resides inside the XBOX controller.  That's why it needs to be plugged in when you turn the xbox on.

To program the controller you need the BIOS file on a floppy disk.  Fold up the floppy disk until you are able to fit it into the controller memory port.

Hold down start and back and, while standing on your head, turn the xbox on and count to 3000.

Worked for me anyway... Or was I just hallucinating after the head stand?  I dunno but there sure were a lot of pretty colors...

Hmmm thanks for the advice! I'll try it out when I get home from work!