xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Crashes With Xecuter 2 4976.02?  (Read 982 times)

erexx

• Archived User
Crashes With Xecuter 2 4976.02?
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2003, 11:45:00 PM »

I have been using 4976.02 without any issues on 3 xbox's worth 3 different hard drives
and 3 different modchips for quite sometime without issue.

I use:
EvolutionX_V1_8_3752
RelaX_v075
Bios: 4976.02
IGR enabled on all three.

3 box’s: PC-Bioxx, X2 Pro and a Matrix

3 Hard drives: 60gig Maxtor, 120gig WD, and 120 gig Maxtor

All over a 100Mbit Static IP Lan

I recommend that you don’t use wireless you only asking for trouble.
(Maybe in the future but I am old I guess)

I could also use DHCP but Avalaunch, when i use it, likes to set its own DHCP address... grrr
.... btw can any help me fix this?

I delete and upload gigabyte avi's and games all the time to each Xbox as I test XBMP
as I fulfill the family’s requests....
(Backup games to HD, I use XBMP 5-7-03 and
xbmp_2.4_cvs_compile_xbins_7-19-03 looks good so far on one Xbox right now)

Network cables are always connected but random(?) remote control pauses exist in every version of XBMP I use after 2.2
(thank god others are admitting to that problem now as well)

I can only think this is a combination of more than few problems:

1) Wireless networks ~ your only asking for trouble
2) Particular network hardware compatibility issues (routers and hubs)
3) XBMP pauses in remote control, doesn’t crash on me and streaming never stutters or pauses.
4) Get and modify the original release of any bios release or risk someone else’s mistake.
5) Bad download of various binaries... don’t assume that what you got is good.

A long post I know... just my $5 dollars worth... ha!....

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »

sad.gif..

1.1 NTSC Xbox
Matrix mod  with X2 4977 Custom bios
EVOX 3752
80gig Matrix Hdd
SMC nic card
XP Pro

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »

nothing can be done about it

dzv

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2003, 07:13:00 AM »

I don't actually suffer from this problem, but for those of you that do, here's something to try...

Backup your E drive to your PC, then delete everything in the cache, udata, and tdata folders.  Also delete everything in the X, Y, and Z drives.  This is essentially clearing out all the temp and cache files on the Xbox HDD.  It's possible that something left behind by one program may be causing problems.  It might be a long shot, but it's worth a try, is it not?

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2003, 07:21:00 AM »

my xyz's are always cleaned out and my e drive was always the same b4 i connected the network and after so i doubt its something like that.also when i come back from a game it locks up around 1-3sec's after the dash shows up on screen,does anyone know what evox it doing around this time?

bc if we could fig out what it is doing at the time of lockup then maybe we could fig out what is locking it up

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

tongue.gif

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Hope this helps, will report back when i get my new router and let you know if my longggggg lasting problem finally has an end to it.

cheers

Tailwind

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »

sorted out my problem (i think and hope), thought id post just in case it can help anyone else

Nufan, buying a new router will NOT solve the issue.

I have a 100 mb switch connected to a pc and my xbox, the uplink is going to my ethernet-router (with buildin 100 mb hub), where another machine is plugged in.

Basiccally my xbox is connected to the switch.

My guess is that OR the xbox sends out broadcast packaged OR any other device on the netwerk (e.g. router, pc, printerswitch etc.)

I use static ip on my xbox. Does your router give DHCP addresses out and is your Xbox configured to use DHCP?

My suggestion is to perform a a network snif to see what the Xbox is sending/or recieving  at time it freezes. Because my problem is fixed, it's no use to do it.

I think it's broadcast related. Because it is random the lockups, it is explainable because a broadcast does not always have the same time. It could also be a dns-resolving issue. Have anyone already tried to remove the dns entries from the xbox? If not, try this and see what happens.

nufan: switch to static ip, use the blue noani, teurn of igr in evox (use igr from bios), use the latest evox version.

If someone knows how to snif, snif the thing (3 logs --> in, out, in/out) I can analyse it.

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Scubix

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2003, 02:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (nufan @ Aug 7 2003, 09:10 AM)
i realise all that, i hvae tried all that, blue no ani etc...

since unplugging the router fixes my problem, i cant see how im wrong in assuming the ROUTER is causing the problem. Especially since my mate as a different router (the one im getting) and has no problems till he comes to my place.

im not losing any money buyin the new router anyway as im selling the old one and getting this new one. If it doesnt fix it then there really is nothing i can do. But the fact that when i disconnect the router (still leaving everything else on the network connected via the switch) must mean thats the problem. This new one is hopefully gonna fix it, if not well i have a new router tongue.gif

I dont even have a hardware router, and i have the same probs, so i doubt its related to the router itself. I just use a 100 Mbits switch connected to a linux pc (internet conencted to this pc).
I think i has something to do with the network traffic, just dont know what. Probably not DHCP stuff, cause i dont use dhcp, all static here smile.gif

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2003, 05:09:00 AM »

yeah it cant be a router or a hub issue bc i have nether,my box is hooked up stright from a nic card in my pc..

is there anyone even working on a fix for this besides us siting here  talking about it?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (ThUgLoVe @ Aug 12 2003, 09:09 AM)
yeah it cant be a router or a hub issue bc i have nether,my box is hooked up stright from a nic card in my pc..

is there anyone even working on a fix for this besides us siting here  talking about it?

It can be a router or a hub issue being that when most people disconnect the cable from the xbox problem goes away.  this problem seems to take on many "forms" like a cancer.  if you read every post in this thread you'll see many "fixes" for it that have worked for one or two people but nothing that works for all.  Chances are, somewhere in here is a fix that would work for you.  

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2003, 02:30:00 AM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]