xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can Somebody Tell Me How To Update The Bios?  (Read 74 times)

Largowinch

• Archived User
Can Somebody Tell Me How To Update The Bios?
« on: May 12, 2003, 06:42:00 AM »

It depends what chip you have... and no requests pease

staticFLINT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »

update it through Evolution-X...

w@r

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 03:01:00 PM »

how can u tell then if its 1st gen??

w m z

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (w@r @ May 16 2003, 11:01 PM)
how can u tell then if its 1st gen??

compare pictures of modchip.  there are some here of xecuter 1.0 (install diagrams) . . .

http://www.xbox-scen...m/modchips3.php

randomidiot

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

Largowinch, mind changing that damn sig?? I don't think a 800x600 image is ideal for a sig, I don't think anyone else thinks so either.

Largowinch

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 02:18:00 PM »

Sorry about that signature, It looks better now doesnt it

garrett

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »

Reward!

Help please. I have been trying to update my bios four 4 weeks now. I have read every tutorial on the net, every forum post about bios, looked at every diagram I can find and still cannot seem to get this silly thing flashed. I have torn apart my xbox several times, I can't seem to find the bios jumper. I have a 256k bios of 4976 and have tried both ozflash and evox. I added the hash to my .ini file. It recognizes the rom and even validates is size. I have an X-ecuter II currently running 4974 and a  chip type: LPC based (SST 49lf020). When I try to flash it says it is erasing, but then just sits there. It doesn't flash because I can reset and I still have the same bios. Does this even have a jumper? Mine does not appear to have any jumpers. Is it possible the mod installer put part of it under the motherboard? That is the only place I haven't checked. I can send an email of my chip. I can see the SST chip.

I am willing to send $20 by check to the first person that gives me the help that allows me to succesfully update my bios. I hate to resort to bribery, but it will save me time, which ultimately converts to money. Thanks for your support.

garrett

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 03:41:00 PM »

Thanks for the response, but I am not sure it helps. I have evox and know how to flash via it. It tried a 256K mod and create my own 1000mb with x2bm. With the
256k bios it seemed to verify ok, but then just sat there
after it said "erasing...". When I tried to flash the one I created, it said :error file size". The same message you get if you select a folder. I really think my problem is that
my chip is not flash enabled. I examined a bunch of pictures on the internet. It is pretty clear. I just don't have anything that looks like the picture. evox verifies its
a x2-lite though. If you send me your email, I can send you a digital picture I took of my xbox with the dvd pulled out and a close-up. Ot tell me how to post it in the forum. Thanks.

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (garrett @ May 20 2003, 02:41 AM)
I have an X-ecuter II currently running 4974 and a  chip type: LPC based (SST 49lf020)

are you saying you have an "xecuter2" with a 49LF020 (256k) memory? because real xecuter2's dont have 256k memory, they have 1024k (1MB)....

unless you're saying that you have an xecuter2 AND a 49LF020 chip

uhh.gif

i hope the person that sold it to you didn't try to rip you...

edit: nevermind, i didn't see the part where you said it was an x2lite. if you're looking at the chip with the jumpers facing upwards, the flash protection jumper is at the far right. you want to remove this to enable flashing