xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help, I Killed My Xbox  (Read 242 times)

AsTnBoMb

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »

Ya dude, dont buy a new xbox, you can hotswap the harddrive and get access to the files!

Boomer

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »

STOP WHILE YOUR AHEAD
beleive it or not but I did bypass that message and my xbox is working fine now without formating or any crap like that. all you have to do is unplug the controller load up the game and when it starts to load plug your controller back in and your fine, i screwed up my xbox with the mechassualt crack, I don't know if it works the same for the 007 one, trust me on this. and don't tell me it doesn't work until you've tried it. to get your dashboard back turn your xbox off if it isn't already, then unplug the controller put the 007:AUF in when the game starts loading plug the controller back in then load the savegame with the crack in it till you get to evox, click reboot and right after you click reboot take your cd out. It worked for me adn should work for you. I also have the new xbox I got mine just 2 months ago exactly, september 1st.

Mclaren1

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2003, 01:28:00 AM »

So after you recovered your Xbox did you get the soft mod to work or did you quit while it was working?

I’m still unsure if to try the soft mod or wait a month or two and buy a mod chip.

Thanks
PS did this fix the 2 dead Xboxes in this post?

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2003, 02:36:00 AM »

Thanks for the posts and ideas. Unfortunately the xbox wont boot up anything, even with no controllers so I cant get back to evox or the normal dash. I should have got someone to do it for me. I'll go for the modchip idea when I get the cash together. If I get a solution I wil post it. Thanks again everyone..
Jim

Xboxhakur

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »

later...

dajuice

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2003, 07:07:00 PM »

I tried what Boomer suggested but it didn't work for me unfortunately. I think I'm gonna retire from this soft mod stuff because I spent so much time and effort and also did the searches, read posts, and tutorials and this is what I get? Well maybe I didn't follow the directions too good or don't know what I was doing, but this is it- I'm not gonna spend anymore time on this. BTW thanks for all the suggestions and help.

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2003, 12:24:00 PM »

sad.gif

SponMaster

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  its good to hear I'm not the only one! I'm a geek... yet I still get it wrong. I also get an error 21 after a lengthy time-loop.

I've decided to buy another one instead of a mod chip... lets hope second time lucky because I won't be able to afford 'third time lucky'!!!
Pages: 1 [2]