xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Are Softmods Useless Now?  (Read 752 times)

LESTAT

• Archived User
Are Softmods Useless Now?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »

to do a  tsop flash tyou need to solder the top and the bottum of the board, so yes they did a tsop,, but why they have the mech installer AND tsop,, its not needed, as far as i know,, only flash the tsop and thats it,,, maybe im wrong ,, propbab;ly but im unaware that you use a softmod with tsop..  so check the tsop board dude if i was you if they say only tsop not both id dumb that mech hack and run only tsop its safer, more stable and better all around. and so far people with tsop flash,, can run game just like they had a modchip.

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

It's doubtful that he's got a softmod anyway, because don't all softmods require you to use the Phoenix Bios Loader?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I was always under.  Anyway, he never sees the Phoenix logo on startup, so if I'm correct he must either have a modchip or his tsop flashed.

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »

yeah thats what im thinking.  i know my buddy told me they solder 2 wires from one spot to another.  and he told me that they did something with the mech assault.  I never see any Phoenix screen either. so i think it might be a tsop.  i have a short clip of what it looks like. give me ur email addresses and i will send it.

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »

tsop is the onboard bios chip.

to solder the tsop its just 2 points on the top  for 1.2 onwards http://homepage.ntlw...ges/xbox1_2.jpg

1.0 has slightly easier point its just the 1 on top peaple say they need to do the bottom points on this board im not so sure lookl under tsop part of this forum for more pics i havent posted pics of the 1.0 and 1.1 board becouse the forum has become terrible lately every other time i seem to click a link here the server cant hndle my requests so i would have been here an hour trying to get the link to the pictureanyhow tsop flashing is very easy you do it from evox unless you have a winbond chip on it  with this code W49F020T if your winbond tsop has this chip you will have to run a small llinux app i took it from the 007 with raincoat gamesave removed raincoat from the gamesave then updated a couple of files i got from raincoat-0.5+ basically you need the 007 with raincoat gamesave with updated files in the gamesave dir and the raincoat app alone in your xbox apps then run it as an app then follow the instructions that come with raincoat to flash through telnet every other type of tsop chip seems you can flash from evox i have only had 1 i could do from evox that was my own ST chip all the rest of the tsops i have flashed had the winbond W49F020T chip so im well used to using raincoat to flash it now.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2003, 02:36:00 AM »

no you dont need to use PBL with the soft mods, using pbl just lets you load different bios's.

oops AND the biggest reason,, lets you run unsigned code so no more signing your apps or games for font or audio.

just play.

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »

its a tsop flash.  my buddy told me that the guys put little switches on there to protect the tsop from being flashed by accident.  they used the savegame to flash the tsop undoubtly.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2003, 06:31:00 PM »

sweet nez i wish i had the tsop,. but i suck balls at soldering.

and yeah they probably used the save game to flash,, but wierd i didnt think you had to use the save game to do that, just install evox on your C drive,, yeah,, i think i better go do some more tsop reading.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]