xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Are Softmods Useless Now?  (Read 753 times)

Tsjibbe

• Archived User
Are Softmods Useless Now?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »

You have to load a evox d6 bios and then run enter the matrix.

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »

it will run when you boot with Evoxd6_ejectfix_bfm biosjust rename it to xboxrom.bin if your not using pbl1.35i
and replace your current xboxrom.bin bios that pbl is launching

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2003, 03:48:00 AM »

That's it? Will the new bios by chance let me lop off my extra 23 gigs into a G drive? I have a 160 in there right now and I just hate seeing it go to waste.

Pestilence

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2003, 04:01:00 AM »

wink.gif

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »

Shew,, calm down dude, Crimson Skies PAL is working on softmods?? says who?? I did see where it said in the .nfo it's patched.  I wasn't sure if that was the old media patch or this new one..

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 08:24:00 AM »

rofl just came back and it boots just fine for the pal xbox i just put audio exploit on with pbl running 4977 bfm it plays past the second level no problems

as for disks booting with font exploits it was something i read about when the font hack came out and i remember hearing there was no fix but phoenix where looking but never heard anything about it again so i figured there was no go i dont use the fonts at all they madeevery xbox i tried loop continuously i know it works for some so please dont start any arguments about the clock loop.

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

Hmm lets see here, just because I bought the game doesn't mean I dont check out nforce for nfo's to see if this gay problem has been fixed.  DOhhh......

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

If you had the retail game you wouldn't be having this issue. The DVD rom boots BEFORE the HD. And that is where the soft mods are.

You are full of crap.
I don't care if you stole it or not. I think most, if not all of us have downloaded or copyed a game at one point or another. But stop pretending like you didn't.

digitalman42

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

LMAO, im not pretending anything, anytime I put ANY dvd in my drive on bootup, it just sets there and keeps rebooting.

Pestilence

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »

Well then you seem to be real good at copying and pasting diff posts in this forum so why don't you put the same effort and research into changing your damn fonts package Digitalman?  If when you put any dvd into your drive it reboots on startup that clearly your using the wrong fonts package.  And to be honest I would bet you that like everyone assumes that you do NOT have your own retail copy of CS.  But whatever, who cares...the point is as everyone has tried to tell you already is that you jumped the gun.  Making a post like Softmods are useless!! was just about as stupid as other ppl claiming that because Matrix didnt work that this meant that softmods were useless.  As it stands right now CS nstc does not work when run form the hdd..and that is just a temp problem that will be fixed shortly.

Just admit that you jumped to conclusions and made assumptions and maybe we would all stop treating you like your a noob.

ghost4real

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

You can go into your settings on evox and simply change your option to boot game on start up or disable it. I have mine enabled and dvd disabled.

And also the rebooting... I have the same problem where my xbox will reboot over and over again for about 3 minutes before pbl loads evox.. that only happens when I havent played the xbox for a long time. I just found out that is called a clock loop and only happens when you disconnect the power source.  Also I have played ETM and CS perfectly fine on mine so I dont know what you guys are talking about.

I used 007AUF, bigfont25 and signed PBL.

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (ghost4real @ Oct 28 2003, 07:54 PM)
Also I have played ETM and CS perfectly fine on mine so I dont know what you guys are talking about.

I used 007AUF, bigfont25 and signed PBL.

Yeah, but what bios are you using?  My guess is, it's not X2-4977.  Also, have you played CS passed the first level?

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2003, 01:07:00 PM »

tongue.gif

xilicio

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4