xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bad Mod Install (not By Me), Will Gamesave Exploit  (Read 254 times)

thecheekymonkey

• Archived User
Bad Mod Install (not By Me), Will Gamesave Exploit
« on: October 22, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

okay got an xbox in for repair, pretty bad install jobby, the box works fine with out the chip in it, ive had a few attempts at resoldering the points, put an xecuter 2.2 light in it, just still wont load bios from the chip , just to point out when i first got it, it would only flash red / green, with it being a bad install i removed the chip and put a new one in , resoldering the points cleanly, got it back working, but it will not load from the new chip, just boots the original bios on the tsop, so my question is, if i use the 997 gamesave exploit, will i still be able to reflash the tsop?, will it work?, gonna try it anyways, but cant get hold of a copy of 007 till tomoz.....anone?

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

sounds like a d0 problem.

007 should work.  just solder the write enable points.

if you have a sharp you must do one point with a wire, leave it open to boot, close b4 flashing.

if you have a winbond must use raincoat.  the 007 flash kit from eurasia.nu can do it w/o telnet.

thecheekymonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

yeah, sorry, sorted it today with the  oo7 method, also , ive checked all the points with a meter, everything connected as should be but still wouldnt boot from a chip, presume he`s burnt  one of the lpc points,,,,,anyways all sorted now, thanks anyways