xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why Are People Still Using This?  (Read 221 times)

punqewe

• Archived User
Why Are People Still Using This?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

I could care less about what one is better.....but I would wait till they're done with XBMC before making a choice. I mean XBMP is done,XBMC is far from......seems kinda pointless to campare a baby to a geezer.

alg20

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Lukenatme

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »

No need for it.  I, too, only use xbmp for movies.  Everything else I do with my xbox is games.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

Actually I dont even know why there is still an XBMP forum.  If you've used XBMC then you would know there is no contest.  Ive had the 3-12 version for about 3 months and its just flawless.  I dont use some of the features like SMB but to run movies and music its amazing.  Very versitile too.  As I always say its the best app on my xbox next to Dvd2Xbox.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

I've been messing with XBMC alot lately.  I'll take another vote for the quality of XBMP video output.  It just looks a lot cleaner.  Maybe it's XBMC upscaling my videos to 1080i and introducing artifacts or the like but I have to say that XBMP 2.4 is better or at least equal to XBMC (at least the mid-May 04 build that I have).

Keep in mind I am viewing on a 55" HDTV that is fairly well setup at least for focus, convergence, brightness/contrast, and color accuracy.  I really doubt too many people are going to be able to tell the difference on a standard TV or even an HDTV with a screen less than 40" unless there is a real issue with their build or the codec.

As for pictures - I'll take XBMC's full 1080i display on my 5 megapixel digicam shots.  Music wise SMB and XBMS don't seem to be able to browse my main music directory without a major hang while Relax and XBMP handled this well enough with only a few seconds pause (albeit there were other issues with Relax and certain file names and my directory is loads somewhere around 400 folders and 2500 unfoldered songs in the first layer).  I'm indifferent to the music except for this factor and not being able to figure out the correct button on the remote to add songs to a playlist in XBMC <anyone?>.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

smile.gif

I have not noticed the picture quality being worse/better in either.. but.. the sound in media player seems really bad sometimes? but maybe i just configed it wrong at some point..

im in the "process" of a change, but being forced.. i would like to stay with player, it just "feels" right sad.gif

If, and only if, they come up with a decent skin (not bloody projet mayhem, it sux) and a better way to config it than delving into XML every time you need to update something then yeh, i will change..

one last thing, i dont like the way it browses files on the HD.. i like to "pen" it in so i dont even have the option to see the contents of my C and E drive

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

i mostly use xbmc but xbmp for files that need anamorphic. and for music at partys (because the playlist is more stable in xbmp)

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

XBMC only as I honestly can't notice a difference in picture quality on my 28 inch wide screen, RGB cable. I've never really compared the 2 but if it was severe I would have noticed. I use cvs builds off the xbmc ftp and it does hang a bit but never seems to hang playing videos just when I fuck about with settings.

I like the feel of XBMC although the default skin is pretty crap not a big issue of course but I'm too slack to bother.

The Valuum

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

Because xbmp has way better divx and xvid playback.

SamSam

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

Yes i know it's an old topic, but i had to say that xbmc SUCKS! and not for the quality of the pictures like everyone seems to tell, but because of the interface. XBMP is way better and so simple. I have both installed(because xbmp doesn't play all codec sniff:() and every time i use xbmc i say words that my mother wouldn't be proud to ear from my mouth.

But it's only my opinion and the opinion of everyon i know that use those.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (SamSam @ Nov 14 2004, 09:11 PM)
Yes i know it's an old topic, but i had to say that xbmc SUCKS! and not for the quality of the pictures like everyone seems to tell, but because of the interface. XBMP is way better and so simple. I have both installed(because xbmp doesn't play all codec sniff:() and every time i use xbmc i say words that my mother wouldn't be proud to ear from my mouth.

Sure, it is your opinion...

But how much did you pay for xbmp?
And how much do you pay for xbmc?

Do not bitch about stuff you use for free!

Just my opinion!

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (SamSam @ Nov 14 2004, 08:11 PM)

let me add my "opinion" then also

you're not smart enough to appreciate XBMC to it's fullest

Brouhaha

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (SamSam @ Nov 14 2004, 03:11 PM)

Here's my opinion: you are definitly not an ergonomics expert. XBMC's UI is an improved XBMP UI, it sure "feels" the same to someone that has used XBMP before, just more complete...

And like pike2k said, you're not smart enough...  Else you would know how to remove the buttons for the new features that seem to mesmerize you so much and make you say bad words your little mommy wouldn't be proud of...
Pages: 1 [2]