xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xblive Kicking Me, No Exploits Or Mods...  (Read 252 times)

LatchKeyKid

• Archived User
Xblive Kicking Me, No Exploits Or Mods...
« on: October 22, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

So, I played PSO this morning, and have been playing on Live fine ever since the 2.0 patch.  I haven't used the Exploit in a long time, all I had left was maybe some emulator saves, XBMP, and the 007 save itself.  I also have never touched any drive but E:.  But this afternoon, I went to play PSO again, and its giving me a message about my XBox hardware or software being modded, and that I should go to xbox.com/connect.  Have they started looking for things on the E: drive?  Anyone else getting this message?  Is this a permanant ban, or temporary?

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 08:08:00 PM »

No they don't do any scanning, so most likely something happened and you got whupped.

If I were you I'd double-check what I was doing then call MS if I was %100 sure it wasn't in a modified state.

LatchKeyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

Heh, I went through and cleaned up my HD, all I had was XBmp, and left over folders from emus.  Ive never used it to play "backups" or anything like that, and the last time I even used XBmp or emus was way before the 2.0 patch.  Ive been playing Wolfenstein for the past couple months just fine, and the other day re-bought a Hunters License on PSO.  So the only different thing Ive done is renew PSO, and that was the last game I played.

Even if I call them, Ive read they can't/won't unban your XBox anyway (unless someone here can say otherwise *crosses fingers*).  So Im probably gonna have to either 1. cancel XBlive 2. Get a new eeprom 3.  get a new XBox.  If they don't unban me, I guess it'll be 1, and Ill mod the crap out of it, heh.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »

Did you have any edited PSO saves? Or do the name mod for Wolfenstien?

Morden.

LatchKeyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »

No edited PSO saves. The worst Ive done is use the old shop dupe trick to (that's was patched in the time I didn't play) up stats on secondary characters.  Never used the exploit to do anything.  It'd be funny if I got banned on a glitch in THEIR system, heh.  No hacks for Wolf either, like I said, Ive never even used the exploit for official games, just emus and Media Player.

_Andreas_

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »

I read something about M$ searching the xbox drive to prevent piracy

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

Nah, they can't scan unless they tell you first, or ask, as it would be an invasion of privacy, and is illegal.

firefucker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »

They Do scan and even DELETE files! There's an article from michael stein on  www.xbox-linux.de!