xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: It's Gotta Be Phoenix!  (Read 653 times)

ssj3goku

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

ssj3goku

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

well i tried the d6 bios and nothing the screen is still garbled and it wont even load evox it just hangs at a black garbled screen  i guess you have to use the 1.3.5i version could someone send me a link or email it to me at [email protected]  id aprecciate it.just for kicks i tried to flash the tsop with the m7 bios but everytime i tried to flash it would give me a file size error ,but im using a 1mb bios. i tried a 256kb bios and it will accept that.i then proceeded to wreck my xbox and decided to give it a go with the 256kb bios but thankfully it wouldnt even erase it just hung there so i rebooted my xbox and it still worked. i then removed the loader and it works just like new. why is it wanting to accept a 256kb bios instead of the 1mb maybe someone here can help.and yes i actually got into the hd with evox with the screen all garbled.

ssj3goku

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

sad.gif

LiMeTWiG

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2003, 04:19:00 AM »

You are not stuck with the EvoX D6 EF BFM BIOS. The most important thing is to use PBL 1.3.5i, not older versions. Actually, using the latest version of XBtool, I have managed to get EvoX M7 BFM (and variants) working with PBL 1.3.5i on a 1.4 Xbox.

Regarding the renaming of the BIOS image files to "xboxrom.bin", you can also change "xboxrom.bin" inside "boot.cfg" to the actual name of the BIOS image file you want to use as default.

LESTAT

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »

limetwig is correct about M7bfm he sent it to me and works great with PBL 1.3.5i

at least i assume its M7  i dont know how to tell other than the name so ill trust twig in that he gave me a legit bios.

ericyan

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

huh.gif

TreFacTor

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (NghtShd @ Nov 3 2003, 02:38 AM)
BFM M7 does indeed work after all. The problem appears to be 1.3. Get PBL 1.3.5i and if you don't have a good BFM M7 then look in the usual places.

does it fix the scrambled pheonix loading screen? if so, can you provide breif clear steps (files needed, where to install what to install...) that you took to install it properly? tia

anjilslaire

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »

I've got pbl 1.3.5i, but the boot.cfg is empty, and the supplied text says the old one (1.3) doesn't work. So, what do I use in the boot.cfg file?
Thanks. I'm using Morden's, btw.

kickson

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

Trefactor,

Were you ever able to get phoenix 1.3 to work with the tutorial I sent you?

ddaddy

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (TreFacTor @ Nov 3 2003, 06:04 PM)
does it fix the scrambled pheonix loading screen? if so, can you provide breif clear steps (files needed, where to install what to install...) that you took to install it properly? tia

I think only a new version of pheonix will fix the actual loading screen, as this is before the bios you choose kicks in.

nightdc

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2003, 04:23:00 AM »

wink.gif

ddaddy

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

I assume that pbl has a default bios programmed into it for the initial startup, then the bios of choice kicks in.

It might just be a case of the phoenix team using M7 or similar for the startup.

LESTAT

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »

pbl starts because of the font or audio hack your using not a bios.,.

it uses the exploit to run.

ddaddy

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »

the font exploit loads phoenix, which then loads a Boot From Media bios and then loads evox.

i assume as soon as pheonix is run, the main default bios is shut off and a pre-programmed bios in pheonix is used until it gets the chance to boot the BFM one from the hard drive.

That is why when phonix loads on the new xbox's, the screen goes funny, because the bios its using is an old one, but then it boots the M7 or whatever from the hard drive and all is good.

Then EvoX loads.

So i reckon when a new phoenix is released, they will update whatever bios it uses initially, thus fixing the loadup screen.

TreFacTor

• Archived User
It's Gotta Be Phoenix!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

sounds good, so i'll just sit tight till the next one is released, any word from the pheonix group, are they even working on a new loader?
Pages: 1 [2] 3