xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Shoutcast  (Read 67 times)

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« on: January 15, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

Can someone point me to a tut on how to setup, and get my xbox working to play shoutcast radio streams??

Thanks a bunch wink.gif

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

Is there a section other then xbmp i could post this in maybe?

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »

Help me * done in the voice of the fly.....from the movie....the fly*

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

I need to know as well! Either no one wants to help us or they don't know. I find that hard to believe. Someone must know. There isn't a tutorial. I have already searched the forums...Pls help us out...

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

See the thing is that someone will come in and tell us to go to shoutcast which does not help those of us who have never used shoutcast and dont know how to get links from there website onto our xbox's......it seems were screwed... dry.gif

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

Hey thanks for the great info, atleast its somthing to work on, unfortunatly i still get the connection timed out even though it works perfectly on my PC, well on i go, once again thanks for the help smile.gif

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Im using a router, im new to it as well, i have the firewall turned off, i think my version cvs of xbmp is xbmp_2_4_cvs_compile_xbins_9-24-03.

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

xbmp-2003-10-29 thats the best i could find and still get the same thing,shit man this sucks, i guess i should just leave it alone, thanks again for all your help. smile.gif

mingwingming

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

OK i will try and help with what i know, first of all as your using a router DHCP is def the way to go, and should be relativly very easy for shoutcast to find a connection.

So first things first and check your XBMP System settings --   does this show the Network as DHCP  if it does whats your IP showing as underneath, does this correspond to an IP your Router is free to send/receive on via DHCP settings.. (it should be)  If so you should literally be able to go to shoutcast.com and save a .pls file to your PC (rename it so you know what it is)  then upload to your Xbox and away you go..

heres my config for the IP stuff - The asterisks should make it DHCP, i use avalaunch as a dash which is also setup as DHCP.. and my Xbox plugs straight into the router.

My Router is actually 192.168.254.254
My PC  is                   192.168.254.2
My DHCP settings on my router are open to send recieve on 192.168.254.1 through to 192.168.254.19   so my Xbox should find any setting from 192.168.254.1 through to 19  except obviously 192.168.254.2 which is the PC

My XBMP config IP info..

<address*>192.168.0.3</address*>
       <subnet*>255.255.255.0</subnet*>
       <gateway*>192.168.1.1</gateway*>
       <nameserver>192.168.254.1</nameserver>
       <playlists>$HOMEplaylists</playlists>
       <timeserver*>207.46.248.43</timeserver*>

Now this all works for me so hopefully may guide you, be aware that i did also have the same problems as you..   i.e   Time Outs..  
I  think it was where my Evox disc which i used to setup the box was set to static and not DHCP !!!!  It seemed to take over my network settings and was making XBMP (which i used as a dashboard at the time)  think it was on a static network even though the XBMP config was setup to be DHCP !!!!,  i found out a cure for this by chance and literally inserted a Evox boot disc in my box which was setup to boot as DHCP not static.. I then restarted my box and all of a sudden my shoutcast worked !!!  Wether this was a fluke im not sure but i dont think it was...  

I now use Avalaunch as a dashboard (also set as DHCP) this finds the downloadable skins/newsfeeds etc and was a good sign that XBMP shoutcast would work...

Hopefully their maybe some info in here which may help you, if not, sorry for the long useless post..    lol

Goodluck with your mission, believe once its working your`ll be chuffed to bits.. its a nice feature , i like the fact you can record the shoutcast music as mp3s..  think thats neat..

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

Ok that didnt work, but im thinking maybe being stoned and trying to get this to work arnt the two best things to be mising, maybe i will try this out again tommorow wink.gif

JayDee

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

3 things:

1: Make 100% sure your xbox can connect to internet. (pc or router doesn´t matter, just aslong as it can get out)
2: Check so your firewall and or router allows the connections inbound from the shoutcast server.
3: Get the .pls file onto the xbox and just press the A button on it and it should kick in. Try rasing the timeout in the config.xml

(<shoutcasttimeout*>12</shoutcasttimeout*>)

Two musts and one check setting wink.gif

Hope you get it up, rocks when having a party @ home wink.gif

socrates

• Archived User
Shoutcast
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

huh.gif
3.so just erase the time out and leave it blank? or do i put like a 0?
4.i really really really wish i had a bag of doritos right about now.