xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Remote Interface Very Slow  (Read 41 times)

ChrisF

• Archived User
Dvd Remote Interface Very Slow
« on: December 16, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »

Works fine for me and a lot of others.  Maybe something particular to your remote or just your expectations (it isn't the most impressive piece of equipment ).  You might also make sure you try fresh batteries.  Most people recommend getting the remote just for XBMP so I'm wondering if there isn't something about yours that's causing an issue.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »

Try moving your xbox to a different location too.  Maybe there is an interference issue.

kiwicolor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »

sad.gif

still sucks

Morien

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 05:48:00 PM »

Same. I have this problem (currently using the release before the december one (too many on my comp. can't discern which im using).
It's not an interference issue, as the remote speed is perfect in Evolution-X. I'm not sure how I should configure the sensitivity, or even if that's what I'm meant to configure (it's not that it's unresponsive, it's just it responds too slowly). 0.4 is too slow and 0.1 is still slightly too slow but is way too responsive (i press a button as normal and usually it repeats that command multiple times. I have to quickly tap the button for it to react once.)
Any other part that I should config? I can live with it, don't get me wrong. I just don't really want to (and since others apparently can get it right, why not me???)
Given I WAS using old batteries (damn remote not coming with any :@) but as soon as I get a new pair I'll post.

Hope someone knows what's wrong though (if it's not the batteries).
Thanks
Morien

Morien

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 06:15:00 PM »

Well, it wasn't an issue with batteries. The problem remains.
I can live with the slow response, however I'd still appreciate any info helping me solve this.
Thanks
Morien