xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbmp Vs. Xbmc  (Read 86 times)

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« on: December 06, 2003, 06:21:00 PM »

oh and also do i have to have that relax program for XBMP to work?

bbjk

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

I would choose XBMP since it's a simple program to use with the most features of a regular media players has...

for XBMC, it is currently still has a lot features that will be added in in the next releases of it and i think it currently hold quite a handful of features that the XBMP itself doesn't include...

and no, you don't need that un-relax program to run both of this player hehe biggrin.gifs...

bbjk

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 05:29:00 AM »

what program did you use to burn it with? and why don't you just install it on your hard-drive???

bbjk

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

okay, try Prassi Primo DVD burning software...

and follow this instructions to burn an iso cd-rw/cd-r's disk hehe biggrin.gifs...

1) Launch Primo DVD (or any other software which supports the UDF Bridge file system).

2) Go to the full application and use the File menu to start a new job, and create a data disc.

3) Drag the contents of the root directory onto the empty file/folder list (window pane on the right)
go to the Edit menu and choose Recording Options:

Select recording type: disk at once closed
Select file system type: udf - up to 128 in filename length, any char., plus 8+3 tree (Bridge)
Select Mode: mode 1

4) Click OK to exit the dialog.
5) Select your recording drive by double-clicking on it in the left window pane.
6) Click on the Record (Go) button to start burning xbplayer onto your media.

Method2kh

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 01:12:00 PM »

Nero likes to act gay with me when I try to make xbox bootable disks. Prassi is the way to go, never had any problems. Use the settings bbjk said, those settings i've always used w/ no problems. Oh yea, XMBP is the way to go, it rocks. smile.gif

bbjk

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »

even though xbox is a pc, you pretty much don't need to install appz, as it can be run directly from a cd-rw, ussally, the xbox will load the media player from the cd-rw to it's memory... smile.gif

so just burn all the content of the media player onto a cd-r/dvd-r and then boot it up...

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »

i looked around for about 30 minutes though and they are saying that primo dvd is now called record now max, do you know where i can find primo dvd or do u think record now willl do fine, cause i looked at doanload.com and they usuallly have all those so i dont know

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »

ok getting a littel frustrated trying to install the XBMP on my xbox, first of all the record now is the newer version of primo dvd but when i try to get it form download.com it doenst work it says there is no burner found which i do, i also tryed to get it from kazaa, it also didnt work, i tryed nero also, and i tryed cheetah speed burner, its kind of a no namer, i am kind of confused, i unzipped XBMP then do i start a data cd and burn just the whole XBMP folder itself or do i drag each individual thing, ifso which certain things do i have to have in order for it to work. i have also read quite a few tutorials and i have not yet found one that helped me in this specific area if you can help me or know of a helf way descent tutorial please let me know, thanks

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

bump come on someone help me i dont get it im stuck

bbjk

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »

I guess record now doesn't support your cd-r burner sad.gif

what modchip are you using? boot up evox and ftp to your xbox, then transfer the file over to your E:/apps folder or F:/apps then lanuch it from the launch menu, and that's all...

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »

Just FTP into your Xbox and deposit the whole XBMP folder into your apps folder. Your evox (or whichever dash you use should autoadd the xbe and you'll see it show up. easy as hell.

drunkmunk

Morien

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 11:05:00 PM »

Well, you can use DVDX2, but that's limited in it's funcionality. Plus you can't use the remote.
The only thing you can do when using the msdash is to make a xbmp boot disk. Just make an iso with Craxtion or something then burn it to cd.
If you don't want to use the official msdash though (you can still access it, but it wont boot it at startup) then follow the newbie tutorials on the main x-s page. Once you get the hang of things, it's easier than..... .... a very easy thing i suppose.

Morien

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »

alright this sounds not to bad i will find the evox dash and do the network well see i didnt know these thigns because i didnt really want to have to network with my xbox but i guess i will now if i can find a GOOD burner.

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

ok i found the ebox dash board and i will follow your instructions, and the dash wont effect anything about playing backups? so i will burn it with craxton i will look for that and then just setup my network and flash xbmp with i have flash fxp, one more question, i know this isnt very good to ask this but bear with me please. I have mirc my email is [email protected] does anyone know of any good mirc channels to download xbox iso's and of course if i did that i would have to buy the original with 24 hours or i must destroy it, i kind of just wanted to test a game before i buy it, and i would uphold the law, secondly do i need any specific thigns to network the box to the pc, and yes i know i am asking stupid questions that are probably already posted somehwere, i will give you that, please if you could just answer these last few questions i swear i will read the pinns the rest of the time, and i will not ask a question on this same thing, thanks.

utsajsh22

• Archived User
Xbmp Vs. Xbmc
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

sleeping.gif
Pages: [1] 2