xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmodding With Mechassault  (Read 120 times)

Tiberius_X

• Archived User
Softmodding With Mechassault
« on: February 28, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »

I tried to softmod my xbox via mechassault, I used the tutorial on the website. And I am unable to transfer the UDATA file from Xbins/FTP server to My action replay software. It says that the file is not a valid gamesave.
I TRIED:
In the community section of the Action Replay Software under MechAssault there is "Run Linux," I moved it to the PC database section, and then to the Memory Card Section. Then I Put it in my controller and moved file to the harddrive, and  then I put the game in went to Campaign and  pressed RUN Linux and it said "Unable to Load <Run  Linux>
Press A to continue."

How do I get the file from FTP/Xbins to run on the Action replay and then to the Xbox, and then run it?  uhh.gif

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

is the file in zip format?
the other one might not have run because you could have a newer version of mechassault with the flaw fixed

Tiberius_X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

I was told to DL the Itools 1.7.5 from FTP and put it in the PC database and then Put it on the Card. That didnt work. Should I be downloading a different program off of FTP?
My Mech Assault Version is the old not the new.

This post has been edited by Tiberius_X: Feb 28 2005, 09:16 PM

atlantalisa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

Tiberius X,
I did the exact same thing as you but when I ran "Run Linux" I got the UNLEASH menu - in French!  Anyway, it did work kinda.
Make sure your Mech Assault game is coded 1L, not 8L.  You can see it in the middle part of the CD.

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tiberius_X @ Feb 28 2005, 08:06 PM)
I was told to DL the Itools 1.7.5 from FTP and put it in the PC database and then Put it on the Card. That didnt work. Should I be downloading a different program off of FTP?
My Mech Assault Version is the old not the new.

keep in mind, when you download the gamesaves, they are usually in rar format. before you can put them on AR, they need to be in zip format.

when using Ltools, if you have a new xbox, the screen will go fuzzy as it's installing. don't turn off the xbox while it's installing. wait till the led changes. (it may take awhile).

if you have an older xbox, let linux run till it says "you may now safely turn off your xbox".

g0df1rst

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »

I have a version 1.4 xbox. My screen goes black when I hit "Emergency Linux" from the campain menu. If I hit "Install" I get an error that somethings wrong with my partition. After reading more text in howto's, I see my dashboard is too high a version...

K: 1.00.5101.01
D: 1.00.5960.01

How/what can I do to get this done. I have the 3 files, I loaded them in order from my action replay using an official mem card, not the AR mem card.

BTW... Today I tried again and got a message that said "unable to load". So I started over deleting everything. Can someone let me know what I'm missing?

g0df1rst

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tiberius_X @ Feb 28 2005, 02:33 PM)
I tried to softmod my xbox via mechassault, I used the tutorial on the website.

I can't get this far...lol

What version xb do you have?

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

both of you should go to the usual places and download krayzie's uxe installer. it's a lot newer, a lot easier to get running, and it works with ALL VERSIONS, ALL REGIONS AND ALL DASHBOARDS.

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

Your MechAssault version must be the original.  Not platinum or classics.  Almost guarantee that is the problem.

Tiberius_X

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

sorry to disappoint you james, i got the right K: and the right MA.
Question: How can I get  that Krazie's thing on my xbox?

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

U drag the krazie installer into the middle window of the AR software on ur pc, then u transfer to the card via usb docking station or homeade usb/mem card thing...Anyhow, the udata folder must be zipped for AR to recognize it as a save...then u transfer from AR card to xbox via msdash memory tab, simple as hell.

Tiberius_X

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »

Can it be winrar and not winzip?

theycallmeryan

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

hi guys. im goin through the same problem.  whenever i read a tutorial on softmodding with mechassault, it usually says that i can only have one gamesave on it, the run linux.  when i go the the xbox hard drive in memeory, in the dashboard, it has two gamesaves on it----run linux and mechwarrior.  (by the way, the whole game symbol is a penguin, someone told me thats linux).  So, i delete mechwarrior, go to campaign, and there it is again.  Mechwarrior.  So anyways, i still click on run linux, and it says "Unable to Load <Run Linux>
Press A to continue."  i checked my version---its the older version, normal.  its not platinum or nutin.  pleeeez respond!!!!! sad.gif