xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Play .bin Files  (Read 76 times)

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
Can't Play .bin Files
« on: October 12, 2003, 10:49:00 PM »

I've used xbmp before and I never had trouble playing .bin files before. However recently my xbox was stolen and I had to setup a new xbox. I installed xbmp complex 2.4 and set up relax. When I goto my videos and select my .bin file the folder opens up and there is nothing inside. I know there is usually 4 folders inside and inside one of them is the .dat file. Any reason I can't find .dat file? I don't have another .bin file to test right now. Could it be a problem with the file itself? Do you need the .cue file? I've tried xbmp 2.4, 2.3 and xbmc and the all have the same problem.

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
Can't Play .bin Files
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »

^bump^

Really need some help here. I have tried another bin file and I have the same problem.

Basically .bin files are VCDs that have not been burned to a CD. I used to be able to open the .bin file in XBMP and find the .dat file to play the movie. Now it shows the .bin as a folder that is empty. I was thinking that mabey I need to be able to access sub-directorys to find the .dat file. But playing with relax and my config.xml I don't seem to be able to set it up.

Here is my config.xml:

<share>
       <name>Network (XNS)</name>
       <url>C:Documents and SettingsslayerMy DocumentsMy [email protected]</url>
       <cachesize>8192</cachesize>
     </share>

I can see and play other movies so what's the problem?

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
Can't Play .bin Files
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »

Bin file support disabled? How would I figure out if I do or not? I don't even know how to configure relax, I just installed it and it worked.

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
Can't Play .bin Files
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 04:18:00 AM »

Well I figured out it was relax giving me the problem. I was using Relax v0.76pre. I didn't have the disable virtual bin folders checked but I still couldn't watch bin files. I got a hold of Relax v0.75 and my movies started right up. Mabey there is a bug in v0.76pre that prevents bin files from being played. Thanks for your help guys.

HeeD

• Archived User
Can't Play .bin Files
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 03:10:00 PM »

XBMP plays bins all by itself just by selecting them. You don't need to go inside and select the dat and it will automatically play bins that are VCD or SVCD. If you have Relax setup for bin file support then it opens them on the server and display like a folder for XBMP. Since XBMP was able to play bins on its own (cant remember exactly what version it started to do this), maybe having Relax set to handle bins confuses XBMP?!?

I am using v0.76pre and it works perfect for me.