xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xbox Media Center, The New (ad)venture  (Read 191 times)

MrSelfDestruct

• Archived User
Xbox Media Center, The New (ad)venture
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

uhh.gif , cause im dyin to try this, and see what it looks like. It sounds really cool......

falser

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (MrSelfDestruct @ Oct 2 2003, 07:14 PM)
So where can I get the CVS build of this? I have been looking around in the usual places, and I didnt see it there, under the "media players" section. I think someone had said it was in the XBMP folder, in the usual places, but I didnt see anything in there.

It's in the "other" usual place.

You're not missing anything with this alpha release.  I tried it out and basically it's the same thing as XBMP but with a file-browser built in; looks the same, works the same, but isn't feature-complete yet.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (falz @ Oct 1 2003, 01:51 PM)
A CVS build works perfectly

No, not the case.  CVS builds can be buggy, and have shit broken.  Which is why I advise to have a seperate point release install handy incase something is broken and it's pissing you off.

Anyway, XBMC, eh?  Sounds good to me.  I'm looking forword to a long time usage of that, just as I have experienced with XBMP.

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

XBMC sounds pretty good. XBMP still seems to be the best bet, but once XBMC if fully feature enabled then it'll be the best.

I think they should concentrate on XBMC and get it fully up and running, and then just drop XBMP. Considering XBMC is XBMP just with newer, better features and code.

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »

yeh, i think xbmp should be totally dropped from new development right now and all work should go to gettim xbmc up to the absolutely amazing standard that xbmp is at at the moment.  Love the work guys! keep it up!

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »

ditto

buckwilliamsca

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

amen

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

I think they should concentrate on XBMC and get it fully up and running, and then just drop XBMP. Considering XBMC is XBMP just with newer, better features and code.

I would agree, only because XBMP currently does everything I care about biggrin.gif  I keep applying these CVS builds just to stay "current". All of the features I use were added a long time ago!

I only want to see XBMC just to have something new to play with, and hopefully it will be more stable with the various media formats...

But, heh, that is just me. Maybe half of the developers don't want to continue, so they will work on and support XBMP, while the others, who want to move on will do XBMC <that is my guess> wink.gif

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2003, 05:09:00 PM »

please keep up all your excellent work developers!

Master Bates

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

I just thought I would add my $.02 after my first trial of xbpc.  I am sure some of the bugs i note are known and will be worked out before an official release, but might as well mention them in case they haven't been mentioned.

It looks great, but what the hell is up with the 7up can?  That has to go.  I think a little more rounding to the gui might look better too.

The 1080i support doesn't seem to work correctly.  I am not sure if this is just still in working stage or not, but it won't fill the screen.  I would love to see 1080i support work well.

I can't get the gui screen calibrated correctly, still parts cut-off.  I am using a 16:9 tv if that makes a difference.  Why is it different than the movie screen calibration?

The CDDB and standard CD support is GREAT!  It was a little skippy playing the CD but I am sure they will work that out.  That is a great feature.  Any plans to access the CD cover DB too and have that pop up like WMP?  Would be great, but I am not sure if that is feasable.  An eject button for the CD support would be cool.

The file browser is a great feature.

They say they are working on CD ripping, that would rock!

I would like to see support for playing DVD's off the hdd by selecting the folder and having full DVD controll (ie menus).

I know this is an alpha release and they are still doing a lot of work on it.  I think the final version is going to ROCK!  This thing seems really cool.  Keep up thje good work.

Thanks

dava_bran

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »

I think a cool feature they could add to xbmc is to make it have a function that would gather the mp3s on the hdd and make a list. i know theres a playlist function but its a pain in the ass for me. kinda like the old school real juke box.  cause all mine are in seperate folders.  just a thought

kooks

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2003, 01:54:00 AM »

Ok im 100% sure thatthis is not the place for feature requests. But the playlist thing reminded me that ive always wanted the playlist to show on the left hand side of the screen in XBMP.  So as you add songs to the playlist you can see them in their own list on the same page as the files you are navigating.  Did that make sense?

mamajo

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2003, 01:41:00 PM »

laugh.gif
In case you can't tell I AM CANADIAN!

assmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

brian417

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2003, 06:01:00 AM »

is this "CDDB and album cover/info lookup" feature supposed to work like the imdb feature where it allows you to generate a thumbnail for the file? if so, that would be friggin fantastic!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4