xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 480p Playback Of Dvd Movies  (Read 43 times)

falser

• Archived User
480p Playback Of Dvd Movies
« on: September 22, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »

I bought the Hi-Def AV pack and have a tv that supports 480p - but by default the MS player does 480i only.  Can other software like dvdx2 support 480p?  If so why didn't MS add that capability to theirs?

falser

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

You rock!  I applied the MS patch and I think it's working.  My TV doesn't have an info screen to say if it is indeed progressive, but just by eye I'd say it's working.  Thanks a lot.  Makes me wonder why MS wouldn't enable it themselves and market it as a progessive scan DVD player.

FormFactor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

Does this patch work with the 2.0 dash??

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (FormFactor @ Sep 24 2003, 03:47 AM)
Does this patch work with the 2.0 dash??

Apparently some have tried and the answer was no - however you can manually apply the code yourself in about 2 minutes - details in the thread below (keep in mind that the stock bios won't boot the new unsigned dash).  Save the altered xbe as pxboxdash.xbe and link it from your dashboard as the default dvd player or the MS Dash - any setting changes made are mirrored in the standard dash so this setup works well (or at least it did for me on the standard dash and it seems to work for the new one but I haven't upgraded or tested it yet but I assume the structure is the same as no one is complaining).

http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=53&t=102115

falser

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

Hmm, my ms dash has the 'Live' tab in it - isn't that the 2.0 dash?  I applied the MS patch listed above to it and, well, I can only say I think it's working.  But I guess it could have been the placebo effect - I have no way except by eye to determine if it's indeed 480p.  Tonight I'll try the hex edit as well, and do a more objective comparison.

FormFactor

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 09:46:00 PM »

beerchug.gif