xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streaming From Xbox To Pc Possible?  (Read 62 times)

Pobbe

• Archived User
Streaming From Xbox To Pc Possible?
« on: August 29, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »

I haven´t heard of an application to stream from the xbox, but I can´t see why it shouldn´t be possible!!

kooks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »

Can you explain this a little more? I have my xbox as a network place and I have managed to play the files one at a time. Is there a way to queue up multiple files? I cant drag/drop to WMP, have to right click/open. And if i try multiple files it only plays the first one. This would work perfect for me as i would like to open up some space on the PC harddrive, and if i could stream FROM the xbox i wouldnt have to have 2 copies of each file.

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 05:55:00 PM »

As far as i know the way you want to stream media from your xbox there is no way XBMP can do that it's just not a feature or in the code, if you really want drag and drop ease of streaming media on your lan you should setup a linux server on your xbox with xbox linux, or even better save yourself the time and space on your xbox and just stream the media from your pc to xbox?

kooks

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (irajames1176 @ Aug 29 2003, 06:55 PM)
or even better save yourself the time and space on your xbox and just stream the media from your pc to xbox?

Fair enough, but i like to have the files on my box for when i take it friends/family houses. I download a fair bit from newsgroups so with the archives and everything it adds up pretty quick, especially media files. So i like to keep the PC as empty as possible. I knew xbmp couldnt do it, but i was curious as to what that other dude was referring to with the ftp server. Thought maybe you could queue them up some how. Guess not. Not a bad idea though, I'm sure people would use it.

VR6T225

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 05:25:00 AM »

I figured XBMP couldnt do it, but I just posted here because it seemed to fit better here.  I added the FTP address of the xbox like ftp://xbox:[email protected]/f:music to my network neighborhood and all is good now, just what I wanted!  Thanks guys!