xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is There A Size Limit Or Not?  (Read 75 times)

Gamester17

• Archived User
Is There A Size Limit Or Not?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2003, 01:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (jj100 @ Aug 29 2003, 08:59 PM)
When i gspot these files..  all three of them show the AVIs saved as "OpenDML AVI"...  accourding to the definition in the link that Gamester17 provided, none of them should play at all..  when the one that is just below 2048MB seems to work...

I never said they won't play, all OpenDML AVI's under 2048MB play fine, I just can't FFRW or RWD.
Other systems could theoreticly be that a 2.5GB OpenDML AVI will play the first 2048MB of video.

Note! 1GB = 1024MB, 2GB = 2048MB.

Gamester17

• Archived User
Is There A Size Limit Or Not?
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (ChrisF @ Sep 4 2003, 06:11 AM)
This is something I'm sure they would alter or fix.  It may have actually worked previously but during a CVS sort of died and no one noticed.  I can't imagine them not working this kink out of the system in a hurry.

No, it's never worked. Again, this is not a bug, it is by design. OpenDML AVI is a newer container format than normal AVI 1.0 and it is not yet supported by MPlayer (which XBMP engine/core is based upon) and is therefor not yet supported by XBMP. When MPlayer adds support for OpenDML AVI then that can be ported into XBMP, so if you like to see this feature arive sooner in XBMP I suggest you encurage/push the MPlayer developers to add it to it's engine, I doubt if will to hard for them as "FFmpeg avformat in CVS" now supports OpenDML AVI containers.
Pages: 1 [2]