xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cant Start From Hdd  (Read 43 times)

draze

• Archived User
Cant Start From Hdd
« on: November 08, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

I just got a new 80 gig Hdd, installed evox... Uploaded some new skins and Hdd loader...

But now i can get the skins to work.... but HDD loader (or any other apps) wont start-up, I only get the Loading screen.... and that stay's in view....

Can anybody help me........

thx,
draze

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
Cant Start From Hdd
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

Ftp to your xbox and go to your E:\Cache folder and delete the files you see in there :rolleyes:  

The Juggler

• Archived User
Cant Start From Hdd
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

Some more info would be helpful.
What type of Mod? What Bios? Are the IGR's turned off in Evox System Settings?  Where is you HDDLoader located, and how is the Evox.ini menu set up?

If it's an older BIOS, maybe HDDLoader needs to be signed to be run?  It'd have to be a pretty old bios though, but also I think most people are using DVD2Xbox over HDDLoader at this point.

I'd make sure HDDLoader is in F:\Apps\HDDloader\ on your xbox and that your evox.ini specifies AutoAddItem F:\Apps\ in the menu structure (not sure if that's the exact command tho, you'll have to check that.)
But, just make sure that it isn't trying to run it from somewhere that it doesn't exist.

draze

• Archived User
Cant Start From Hdd
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

Chip; executer2
Bios; dont know (evox evo?)
Can you tell me what IGR's are?

The weird thing is; yesterday i got hdd loader to work, uploaded some games... but they didnt load....
then I rebooted the xbox, then I could also not start up hdd loader....
I twotimes cleaned everything on the xbox and installed everything again...
still nothing starts up...