xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbmp's Dvd Uncrypted Extraction  (Read 105 times)

X-ace

• Archived User
Xbmp's Dvd Uncrypted Extraction
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (desertboy @ Jun 25 2003, 02:41 PM)
Why should the rest of the world suffer just because some american's want to infringe on our freedoms.

It is a valid point that US policies should not dictate software development in Europe. Unless a large part of the target market is in the US of course...

I'd just say that with
+ the tools avaialble on the PC
+ the slower P3 chip on the xbox
+ the added risk of pissing some very powerful players off
  (and we know they don't mind spending some money on this)

It is jsut not worth it. Focus on other features.

My $0.02

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 08:02:00 AM »

I agree - why sacrifice drawing major attention (read: litigation) to one of the best if not the best xbox apps.  If it is such a huge desire to have a vob ripper (and personally, I'll just use my PC) maybe someone can port an existing one as a separate app.  

I'm not willing to give up XBMP for something that is easily done on the PC (and then converted to divx anyway - who the hell has room for a vob library?  Buy the dvd if you really want quality).

erexx

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 09:52:00 AM »

ChrisF and X-ace

Two very excellent points.

Why risk litigation and or unneeded attention.
High-res divx movies are almost always a good alternative,
Not to mention great space savers.

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2003, 05:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (erexx @ Jun 25 2003, 06:52 PM)
ChrisF and X-ace

Two very excellent points.

Why risk litigation and or unneeded attention.
High-res divx movies are almost always a good alternative,
Not to mention great space savers.

That's why I doubt the XBMP team would implement this but being open source anyone can add it to a build of xbmp.  I don't know if anyone will that's a different question but no one can stop someone adding this feature if they want to.

I think a standalone xbox program would probably be a better idea but it would be a real shame if they weren't to add WMA/MP3 ripping to XBMP.

My dashboard refuses to rip audio cd's anymore so short of ripping on my pc and sending them to e:/whatever I can't have a custm soundtrack for games.

Dash works fine other than that.

X-ace

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2003, 05:30:00 AM »

I'll concede that it would be good to have a CD to MP3 or WMA recorder. But if it detracts from refinening the player, I'd still prefer a perfect player.

Indeed, I wouldn't mind if we did not see a single feature being added for a few months, and isntead just focused on bugs and performance for a while. (Not that there are so many bugs, but all apps eventually suffer scope creep, and it'd be better to have the core perfect before adding all sorts of do-dads.)
Pages: 1 [2]