xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Ive Cocked Up My X-box  (Read 76 times)

Nicko2000

• Archived User
Help! Ive Cocked Up My X-box
« on: October 24, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

I accidently loaded X-Box live onto my console. It has wiped off my modded dashboard and now i cant play DVD's without the playback kit. Can someone tell me how to put them back on. I have no idea what chip i have, and i need to know any software and cables i need. Im a total n00b!

Nicko2000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

I dont know if anyone knows why, but my console never plays any Tiger Woods games. I bought 2004 last year and that wouldn't work. This year i bought the new 1 but that wont work either. Help please!!!!!

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

to fix your dash, you'd have to gain ftp access to your box, or run the exploit again (I'm assuming you soft-modded it).  as far as the Tiger Woods games, don't worry about it, Halo 2 will be out soon ^_^

Nicko2000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 04:19:00 AM »

??????????????????? I didnt chip my own X-Box. i had it done for me so i have no idea how to do anything

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

You'll have to FTP into somehow (providing you didn't have a softmod and it got wiped), so start here for networking. You'll at least need one CAT5 crossover cable to connect your XBOX to your computer NIC (network interface card).

Then, if your main dash (Evox, Avalaunch, whatever it was) is gone too, you'll need to make a bootdisc in order to FTP in.  You can try it the manual way, or if you don't what the hell that's talking about, you're better off with a copy of SlaYer's Evox Auto-Installer.

Then, if all your apps are truly gone (I doubt it, they're probably still there in your E: Drive if you still have the retail 8gig HD, or in F: Drive if you've got a larger drive installed), you'll have to go get them from "the usual places" and install them again.

Nicko2000

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

Errrrrrrrm....Ive got a crossover cable and network card thing. but apart from that????????????

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

Apart from that, do like I said and start reading about how to network into your box.  I gave you a great link in my previous post.

Just take it one step at a time. :)

Aim for FTP capability by learning how to direct connect PC-to-box.

Then tackle the boot disc guide after that. ;)  Good luck!  

Nicko2000

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

Cheers. Thanks a lot.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »

Yeah, well, I know it's a long road to learn it all, but it's a hell of a fun ride.  We'll all be here if you get stumped. ;)