xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmp Freezes  (Read 60 times)

HiRoll3r

• Archived User
Xbmp Freezes
« on: May 03, 2003, 08:08:00 AM »

How long do you wait before rebooting the Xbox? Depending on the speed of your network and your cache settings, XBMP can take up to 30 seconds to access network files. On my 13Mbit wireless LAN with cache set at 1500, it takes about 15 seconds.

arneno1

• Archived User
Xbmp Freezes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (HiRoll3r @ May 3 2003, 05:08 PM)
How long do you wait before rebooting the Xbox? Depending on the speed of your network and your cache settings, XBMP can take up to 30 seconds to access network files. On my 13Mbit wireless LAN with cache set at 1500, it takes about 15 seconds.

I've tried booting the box, taking a shower.. and FREEZE.

After discovering that accessing Xbmp via ftp or pinging the ip freezes it, I'm fairly certain that the issue is with the core network in Xbmp..

Arne

JayDee

• Archived User
Xbmp Freezes
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »

wink.gif

arneno1

• Archived User
Xbmp Freezes
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (arneno1 @ May 3 2003, 07:13 PM)

I'll give it a try!

Tried it.

It works. No hangs, no freeze.

Still I'm wondering why this happens...

swat

• Archived User
Xbmp Freezes
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 12:14:00 AM »

Just to let everyone know, my Xbmp (May 01 Build) gave me about 5 hours of frustration today after it started freezing when accessing network shares.  Went through all the steps mentioned in here, no go.  As soon as I tried to access the network (Relax) share, freeze.  Local HDD worked fine.  What I ended up doing was using Xbmp as the dash instead of Evox (Thanks Jaydee) as a last result.  Worked immediately.  Looks like there must be an issue with Evox (networking layer) and Xbmp.  Good luck to anyone having the same problem!  I feel your pain.

CyborgGamer

• Archived User
Xbmp Freezes
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 01:13:00 AM »

blink.gif I am using the latest build 5-1-03 and I don't belive it crashed when I first connected through XNS last night. I have commented snapstream out with a * also, dunno if that did anything.