xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmp Woes  (Read 64 times)

schlacht

• Archived User
Xbmp Woes
« on: January 18, 2003, 02:14:00 AM »

Running from HDD on a v.1 xbox with a xecuter v.1, evoX 1.8.3285. It says it is looking for a xstream server, and never moves on to media. I have looked at the config file, but nothing is obviously looking like it needs changing. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

smudge

• Archived User
Xbmp Woes
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 05:48:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

I had this problem on two xboxes and now all of them work fine. Just try it again, and for the sake of stating the obvious.. check evox.ini!

cool.gif

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
Xbmp Woes
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

yeh, if you dont have an xstream server running make sure that you disable it from checking for one, do this by looking in the .ini file and changing it where it talk about xstream servers.  For example where it says <connection>192.168.0.2<connection\> or something like that change it so that it is like this <connection*>192.168.0.2<connection**\> or something - do this for all subcategories relating to xstream.  This should fix it, Chris

schlacht

• Archived User
Xbmp Woes
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »

thx for the tips guys, i will give it another whirl ... odd the way rewriting a file couple times can fix these things. what part of the evox.ini file relates to the xbmb? Do you mean the path to the CD audio player? I'll keep you posted on my success or failure  : D