xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Monster Mod! Video Marketplace, Plus Others  (Read 2882 times)

pikapben

• Archived User
Monster Mod! Video Marketplace, Plus Others
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »

It has been a while since I have used my xbox, but I previously really enjoyed this mod. I just got the newest verson of XBMC and MC360, and wanted to make sure that everything still works together with the monster mod. After reading the forum I noticed there have been a lot of changes (especially the black market) and was not sure if there was an updated version available to add this and address some of the issues listed. There was mention of a public version (which I was asuming is the one linked on this forum), and the svn version. Is the svn available for download? If so, what is the address to use with the svn client?

I also noticed the work done by spaz7986 for the video window here Mc360 Mini Video Window, and that some integration is needed. I was wondering about the progress for this integration, or if I would need to follow the instructions provided in the read me file to integrate this on my own?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »

I would like to point out that these mods will be completely broken with the latest SVN due to the new language stuff  so you will either have to use an old build of mc360 or hope they get updated

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(pikapben @ Nov 26 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post

It has been a while since I have used my xbox, but I previously really enjoyed this mod. I just got the newest verson of XBMC and MC360, and wanted to make sure that everything still works together with the monster mod. After reading the forum I noticed there have been a lot of changes (especially the black market) and was not sure if there was an updated version available to add this and address some of the issues listed. There was mention of a public version (which I was asuming is the one linked on this forum), and the svn version. Is the svn available for download? If so, what is the address to use with the svn client?

I also noticed the work done by spaz7986 for the video window here Mc360 Mini Video Window, and that some integration is needed. I was wondering about the progress for this integration, or if I would need to follow the instructions provided in the read me file to integrate this on my own?

I´ve been in Spain for the past two months, so no, nothing has been fixed, I haven´t started on an integration of that video window mod, and like jezz said, the language stuff will probably break it too.  However, if you use a version from before the most recent t3ch, then the problems that exist are fairly minor, but you will need to incorporate the mini video window mod yourself.  I get back in about two weeks, but I´m going to be pretty busy for a while finding a place to live and signing up for class and so on.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »

also, forgot to mention...No, the public version includes the fileden.com download and the svn posted in this thread.  The other version is a second SVN I made, because originally XBMC Black Market and the monstermod were going to be basically one and the same, but we decided to keep them separate, so I´ll be removing some stuff and then moving things back to the public svn when i get back from spain.

Oh...also, if you install the one currently available, it overwrites the xbmclive window, so you won´t be able to access xbmc-blackmarket unless you make sure to delete that file before transfering everything over

This post has been edited by timdog82001: Nov 27 2007, 11:37 PM

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

Ok, so i finally found some time fix all the problems.  The only really big thing was moving everything over to strings.xml.  That was a friggin nightmare.

Anyway, the SVN has been updated, but before I package up a new download for you guys, I'm looking for replacement scripts for the defaults in the video marketplace as the old ones no longer seem to work.  I was looking at using the Theater Showtimes plugin, AOL Videos plugin, and the Yahoo Music Videos plugins, but only the showtimes one seems to work for me.  However, i'm trying it on the win_32 skinning version of xbmc (my xbox has been dead for months..), so it might just be because of that.  Can anybody tell me if they're working correctly?  Same goes for the CNN, Comedy Central and other scripts i've included with the mod in the past, because it's possible that they're not working for me for the same reason, and that if I tried it on xbox they would work.

So, if anybody could tell me whether or not those are working for you guys, and any suggestions of other scripts/plugins, i'd appreciate it smile.gif

Archigos

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2008, 02:59:00 AM »

Nice to see you around again Tim...  as I stated in another thread I'm going to try and get in contact with Martomo to find the details about updating the site... (If I can't, I'll just look over the code and figure it out.)

Tim, if you still have access to the site, you mind putting a copy I can test before it goes public?

This is an open invitation to any web designers, graphics people, etc. that are willing to help out with BlackMarket with content, suggestions, etc. feel free to PM me and we can work something out.  I have a lot of ideas I want to do to the site, just not sure I have the time/knowledge to do it all myself.

Galeon

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

Hi, the problem I have is when I go on to my box with the mod installed all of my blades and most of the links in don't have Text. does any one know how to fix this problem

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

yeah, thats due to all teh skins switching over to strings.xml instead of teh old translate.xml.  Trust me when i say you don't want to fix this yourself.  I spent quite a few hours working on it myself.  If you want a working version, you can get it fromt he SVN, but the basic download I have posted is still the older version.  I plan to post the fixed version for download soon though too.

archigos, I think i lost the ftp info when i formatted my computer last week, I wasn't really thinking about it sad.gif.  I'd be happy to upload a copy if you message me the info again though

Galeon

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »

So whens the new version due

Archigos

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »

I'll compile the skins from SVN in the morning (after I hook my server back up cause I moved) and toss them on the site so they'll be available from the normal link on http://blackmarket.ictcsc.net

Tim, I'll PM you that info when I do the skins, I'm tired as hell, been driving and carrying crap all day...........  (I HATE MOVING)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Quick Edit... (The new SVN skins will fix the blank text, the Monster Mod wont work correctly with it... the new skin will contain the BMLive place in it like before)

This post has been edited by Archigos: Mar 23 2008, 07:01 AM

Galeon

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

I'm sorry but I don't get it. What do I need to download to make it work?
Thanks in advance

Martomo

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

@Galeon;

Archigos misunderstood your post I think, he was referring to your post about the text being blank, but I assume you got the latest skins from SVN repository, which supports the language files, instead of translate.xml (like the old versions used to do).

Anyway he thought your whole skin was blank of text, if that is the case, update your skins with the latest builds from the skin SVN, like Archigos said.

But if you mean just the mod is blank, that's because you have an old version, timdog has updated it though, but he wants to make sure it works on a Xbox before he releases it, seeing he has been coding on the XBMC PC emulator and retrieve the updated versions of the scripts he used in the old version, like timdog said.

Simple put together the new monster mod has been updated, but is not yet released.
But from what I hear it shouldn't take long to be released, it's on a SVN repository somewhere, but I don't know the address.

Hope this clarified some things for you.

@Archigos, you got mail.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »

yeah Galeon, if you just wait a few days I should have a copy I'll post for download.  In the meantime, if you want to try it out as is you can get it in the svn, which you can find the information for here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=3942290

Galeon

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »

Ok, thanks that cleared up a lot.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2008, 01:48:00 AM »

hey archigos, I tossed the mod into the work folder.  I also included a couple of scripts and plugins with the hopes that maybe you could test them real quick to make sure they work?  I haven't added much of anything, and it doesn't have that big live place section i had in the other version i had in teh blackmarket svn because most of those buttons are for functionality that hasn't yet been added to blackmarket.  All I really did was update it so it actually works with current versions of the skin, and added the mini preview window thing.

I honestly didn't really test it much myself, but i don't think there are any bugs at the moment.  let me know how it goes
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10