xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remove Video Folder Names?  (Read 232 times)

ArmondoGates

• Archived User
Remove Video Folder Names?
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

Can the Video Names for the Folders be removed?

IF so can they also be moved? What I am thinking is moving the folder name up behind where the image is located now, (I am using wide icons) and then allowing the icon to be transparent and allowing the name of the folder to show through transparent icons where I dont have a wide icon for the folder. Or for video file names rather then the default image with the file name listed below it. I would also like to change the color and size of this text if possible.

I have attached a copy of the wide icon example from the first page of the wide icons post as an example and circled in red the text I wish to move/remove and edit.

(IMG:http://wireblend.com/Screenshot.jpg)

mikester18

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(ArmondoGates @ Oct 27 2006, 04:28 AM) View Post

Can the Video Names for the Folders be removed?

IF so can they also be moved? What I am thinking is moving the folder name up behind where the image is located now, (I am using wide icons) and then allowing the icon to be transparent and allowing the name of the folder to show through transparent icons where I dont have a wide icon for the folder. Or for video file names rather then the default image with the file name listed below it. I would also like to change the color and size of this text if possible.

I have attached a copy of the wide icon example from the first page of the wide icons post as an example and circled in red the text I wish to move/remove and edit.

IPB Image

So what i understand is you want the text behind the buttons this can be done by changing the X and Y location of the text in one of the XML files

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

http://xboxmediacent...Thumbnail_Panel

hidelabels  This specifies under which conditions the thumbpanel will hide the filename label. Values are “all” (hide all labels), “files” (hide only file labels – folders will still be shown), “folders” (hide only folder labels – files will still be shown), and “none” (show all labels). The default is “none”.

ArmondoGates

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikester18 @ Oct 29 2006, 07:41 PM) *

So what i understand is you want the text behind the buttons this can be done by changing the X and Y location of the text in one of the XML files

Any idea which XML file those X Y coordinates are found?

ImOkRuOk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 02:57:00 AM »

Using the info Jezz provided, I was able to remove Labels from the folders in the Video section:P
  (Thnx Jezz)

I'm also using the latest LiveMark, so i dont remember if the default has this section but.....

search for <description>wide thumbnailpanel</description> in MyVideo.xml located in the /mc360/pal/ folder
 then scroll down to the last line right before the </control> insert a new line there and add ...
   <hidelabels>folders</hidelabels>

No more folder names for the wide icons i have there tongue.gif now if i can just get the directories to show up as
    <root> wide
        >sub-folder< List

I'll be set!