xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: New Mc360 Fav List?  (Read 1169 times)

RideAvenger3486

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« on: October 03, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

(IMG:http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/mikestancato/test.png)

I was wondering if it would be possible to declare a sub-menu (a "Favorites" section). It could be set for each individual button, but just instead of changing to the next blade when u press right on the dpad..... this nice menu pops out. Now thats easy navigation...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I am slowly trying to learn all this xml junk to do it myself....but any help would be amazing.....Lemme know what u think!

roormonger

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »

Thats pretty sweet. Not many new ideas come through here anymore, and this one is pretty good. How do you plan on setting the favorites? And are you gonna be able to turn it off?

drannor

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »

Yeah!

I liked very much this idea too.

And your color setting, Ride. It is amazing, is it only a color setting or is a blade pack / theme?

slang123

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 06:11:00 AM »

I like the idea, although the right button should aways change blades. maybe a different button could activate this. i.e. white or black?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

As far as I know its impossible to do this with xbmc code the way it is now because you can't get a list Item in the home or custom xmls we use

Blackbolt

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »

Jezz_X said it, XBMC doesnt support this. If XBMC support this then I am sure something could be worked out.

Don't forget, although MC360 is the most kick ass skin available, if I do say so myself, it is NOT XBMC. Alot of the ideas people come up with aren't possible without XBMC Supporting it natively.

MC360 is just the same old XBMC 2.0 with a nice dress on! Any of you seen the movie, shes all that?

RideAvenger3486

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

.....it cant be included as a script? I mean all u have to do is set the right d pad to activate the certain favorites menu depending on what selection its on..... Look at the way XBMC Lyrics show up....they slide in from side.... now just recreate a menu, and alow it to find selected favorites xbe for current label, and then bam....done..... Would it be possible to do it that way?

This post has been edited by RideAvenger3486: Oct 3 2006, 10:07 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

The problem with that is once you load a script like lyrics does that takes all keypad focus and you can't continue to navigate normally

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Oct 3 2006, 10:57 PM

hardcorekid

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

i've never used the lyrics script. but cant you hit back or something to turn off the script?  doesnt take too much effort to hit a button to close the script... no one could be that lazy to hit one button....

roormonger

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

You could have add a submenu.xml to the skin then just assign the black or white button the command XBMC.ActivateWindow(Submenu). You would then be able to add like 9 or 10 shortcuts on it. The only problem with that is you would have to manually add the shortcuts to the xml. I used to use one all the time, it is good for stuff that you use all the time like certain scripts,game shortcuts,program shortcuts, whayever you want really.

RideAvenger3486

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

so yay or ney? HAHAHAH

roormonger

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

I guess yay. This is something that has to be done yourself, cause you are gonna want specific shortcuts on it. I can post the submenu if you want. I think I even have a little tut on how to edit it. Give me a few to find it, it's buried somewhere in the depths of my laptop.

THEKIDD

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

how about something like ya did for the internet shortcut on the marketplace
where when u press the white button the menu with short cuts came out
and u can add and edit items on it

roormonger

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(THEKIDD @ Oct 3 2006, 08:48 PM) View Post

how about something like ya did for the internet shortcut on the marketplace
where when u press the white button the menu with short cuts came out
and u can add and edit items on it

I keep forgetting about that, but it is exactely what I am talking about. That is a submenu.

Here it is

The script is included so forget about manually editing this. Thank THEKIDD for reminding about it, otherwise I would have given you a differnet one that you would have to manually edit.

THEKIDD

• Archived User
New Mc360 Fav List?
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »

no problem

there a small bug with tha menu

the buttons apper to early whn u open the menu

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5