xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My Supermod  (Read 611 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

Ok I found that so hard to read I just had to reformat the text sorry if that upsets you

roormonger

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

No thats a big improvement, thanks.

mbay

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

roormonger,

in your great mod, does the "Blades-Logos-Animations" have to remain in a "zip format" or does it need to be extracted? I ask this as upon extracting, it says certain file names are too long.

roormonger

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

It needs to be extracted. I just zip them cause I use dial-up and it takes along time to upload things so I try everything I can to make the file size low, it took me almost an hour to upload it like it is. Just use your computer to extract it, or maybe use the file explorer and just move the folders out of the zip file if that even works. I also forgot to mention a small feature I threw in there, I added the gamertag name to the shutdown menu. Also I keep forgetting to mention that there is a submenu that I added in there. It has been there scince the text mod. If you want to use it just edit one of your button commands(I suggest the black button) to XBMC.ActivateWindow(Submenu) and there you go.

The buttons are:
Screensaver
Shutdown Timer
File Explorer
Choose Wallpaper Pack
Reload Skin  (good for modders, just change a xml and press this insted of resarting)
Open/Close Disc Tray

There is room for three more buttons.

mbay

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

roormonger,

i used file explorer to transfer the folders, thanks. smile.gif

mbezik

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »

arggggggghhhhhh - i was all excited when i saw u had made a new supermod - but im gutted you have left the text unchanged - i think your origional white text mod kicked its (the white text integration in new mc360 beta) ass  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by mbezik: Sep 19 2006, 09:12 AM

jonboy666

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(mbezik @ Sep 19 2006, 03:26 AM) *

arggggggghhhhhh - i was all excited when i saw u had made a new supermod - but im gutted you have left the text unchanged - i think your origional white text mod kicked its (the white text integration in new mc360 beta) ass  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

My thoughts exactly

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonboy666 @ Sep 19 2006, 08:56 PM) View Post

My thoughts exactly

what exactly is wrong with it tell me so I can improve it next time
If you want all white text just make your own .cof file you can see how they work in the extras\SampleColorThemes dir it also has a totally white one in it if you select browse with the script and then select the file

roormonger

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

Sorry to disappoint you,I didn't use it until after I was done, I was rather disappointed with the lack of control of the different text. I am devising a way that will let you have more control over the text color as we speak. I don't know how to make scripts but I think I can make toggles for white and black text I think. I was thinking about a guide blade page dedicated to different text. I could finally make good use of that submenu in there.
My thoughts were:
button\description text
rss feed text
header\clock\buttons on bottom text
gamercard text
context menu text
blade text
guide blade edge text

Looks like I have alot of work ahead of me. I do not look forward to going through all those xml's again, so give me a little time on this. It will probably be done by tommorrow.

MantaADSL

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 07:12:00 AM »

Quick MOD for you guys to convert all text to white.  I modified my version last night and removed all drop shadows.  You need to edit the includes.xml around line 259 as follows:

<include name="TextcolorGrey"><textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor></include>
   <include name="TextcolorDarkGrey"><textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor></include>
   <include name="TextcolorWhite"><textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor></include>
   <include name="TextcolorBlack"><textcolor>FFffffff</textcolor></include>
   <include name="TextcolorDisabled1"><disabledcolor>FFffffff</disabledcolor></include>
   <include name="TextcolorDisabled2"><disabledcolor>FFffffff</disabledcolor></include>
   <include name="listselectedcolor"><selectedcolor>FFffffff</selectedcolor></include>

Please note that this changes all text to white highlighted or not.

Hope this helps.

D

MantaADSL

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

After spending hours modifying so many of the XML files last night and having a look through the forums today I have realised that I could have converted the text alot easier using Jezz_X's instructions to use the .cof files.  However I have just one question.  In the .cof file if I don't want the shadows on the text to appear is their a simple way to modify the .cof file or alternatively the includes.xml so as to ignore the shadows.  I just don't know enough about coding and am not sure what code to use.  Is their a Hex Code for clear text or can I amend shadow tags to use colordiffuse instead.  Any help greatly appreciated.

D

P.S. My botch job did work but it's not ideal.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(MantaADSL @ Sep 20 2006, 12:39 AM) View Post

In the .cof file if I don't want the shadows on the text to appear is their a simple way to modify the .cof file or alternatively the includes.xml so as to ignore the shadows.
D

P.S. My botch job did work but it's not ideal.

Just open up notepad and write this to it then save it as MyColor.cof and then load it with the scripts browse function
TextcolorGrey=FFFFFFFF=textcolor
TextcolorDarkGrey=FFFFFFFF=textcolor
TextcolorWhite=FFFFFFFF=textcolor
TextcolorBlack=FFFFFFFF=textcolor
TextcolorDisabled1=60000000=disabledcolor
TextcolorDisabled2=60d0d0d0=disabledcolor
listselectedcolor=FFFFFFFF=selectedcolor
shadow-black=00000000=shadowcolor
shadow-white=00000000=shadowcolor
shadow-grey=00000000=shadowcolor

This will make all the main text white

honestly don't change the disabled colors else you won't know they are disabled
as for the shadow 00000000 is 100% Transperant black which is the same as no shadow @ all
the first 2 numbers are how transperant the text is 00 fully transperant and FF is fully on

MantaADSL

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

Jezz_X

Thanks for the reply that is exactly the info I needed.  Pity I didn't ask this yesterday as it would have saved me a few hours last night sifting through 82 XML files but hey it all part of the learning process.  And more importantly thanks for your help.

D

mbezik

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 19 2006, 01:24 PM) View Post

what exactly is wrong with it tell me so I can improve it next time
If you want all white text just make your own .cof file you can see how they work in the extras\SampleColorThemes dir it also has a totally white one in it if you select browse with the script and then select the file

I did in the thread for the new skin - and all i was told is this was done because of the white glass overlay - and i could make my own colour config file (i had no idea what a colour config file was or how to write 1 or even where they were situated) - also after following your instructions, even the all white cof file still has the blade labels for 3,2 and 1 set as grey/black - is there any way to fix this? - doh! - jus saw your earlier post and this did indeed sort this problem out - nice!!

......also i posted in the new skin thread about the highlight in the dvd2xbox skin in the file manager.......is this just me or is this the skin at fault?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
My Supermod
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(mbezik @ Sep 20 2006, 01:02 AM) View Post

I did in the thread for the new skin - and all i was told is this was done because of the white glass overlay - and i could make my own colour config file (i had no idea what a colour config file was or how to write 1 or even where they were situated) - also after following your instructions, even the all white cof file still has the blade labels for 3,2 and 1 set as grey/black - is there any way to fix this? - doh! - jus saw your earlier post and this did indeed sort this problem out - nice!!

......also i posted in the new skin thread about the highlight in the dvd2xbox skin in the file manager.......is this just me or is this the skin at fault?

well I'm glad you worked it out but it does say in the changelog for the skin release and I quote
* New Font Colour Settings. Go to MC360 Guide (start button)\Personal settings\Customize Theme\Font Colours, you can select from a a few pre-made selections or add you own to the '\skin\MC360\extras\SampleColorThemes' folder in the form of a simple txt file saved as a '.cof' file

It tells you where they are and that they are just text files and that you can make your own so really just read things through better.

Oh and we better stop hijacking this thread for any other .cof related questions start a new thread since it has nothign to do with this mod
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4