xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Mod And A Few Fixes..music Controls On Blades Etc..  (Read 321 times)

Sexy_Patrick

• Archived User
My Mod And A Few Fixes..music Controls On Blades Etc..
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

Dude love the new mod.. works great

Sexy_Patrick

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

Noticed a feature that is so cool... The icons at the botton dissapear when not playing music...

Couple of things though... First this Mod combined with other mods gains/loses options in the guide blade...

1. Display weather (Gets Dropped when i isntall this mod)
2. Couple of options Blank (Happens when i installed this mod)

Other then that its alright... was wondering if you could look at adding the weather mod to this script so it doesnt get lost... Last time i installed this mod I lost the clock on the top of the screen.. this time its all good..

Prolly should look into which mods interact with other mods... anyway i know its not your problem just wanted you to be aware of what happens....

also one feature request... With this mod when not playing the buttons dissapear.. How bout haveing the (media:whatever is in the drive) Move over to the left next to the eject button... Not that its in a bad place now.. but it would be cool at least to me if it moved when the song was over...

And another idea ... adding Now Playing support for video's (ie. TV or Music Video's) (dont know if that is a Hardcoded Xbox MC thing or not)

Thanks for the mod it is awsome

Sexy_Patrick

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

Samething happend after i installed the livemark mod

IPB Image

After i installed it i went to the live downloads and all of the words said Xbox Media Center CVS... anyone know why these mods clash...

warlion

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

that happend cuz you change the includes.xml and delete the new labels you have to edit the includes of marketplace for that

Sexy_Patrick

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

Thanks for the help on that....

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »

yeah, sorry patrick.  you can't quite have both mods.  if you just want to get rid of the xbox media center cvs stuff though, you can use this includes.xml:

Right click and save as

I would install this mod first and then my marketplace mod.  if you do it the other way around you'll lose the ability to use marketplace.  then all you have to do is overwrite the includes.xml in the mc360/PAL folder and then both mods will pretty much work.  the only thing from what i can tell is that this mod won't work on the xbmc live page.  it's too many edits to make both work at the same time, but maybe chunk or i might have time to fix that.

Btw Chunk, your lyrics mod is missing the includes.xml so users who only download that mod won't see the "View Lyrics" on their OSD.  You can use this or your includes if you want. I miiiiight suggest using mine just to increase compatibility, but it's up to you.   tongue.gif

Also, here's a lyricspanel i modified.  this is based off of FusedOne's base and Loaded Gun Complex's buttons.  Thanks to both.  (it's cool right FusedOne?)  I also changed your nofocus icon so there's no white.  i thought maybe it'd be better without the color.  i didn't have time to do the focus one, but it's up to you if you want to use it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fused0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 01:10:00 AM »

Yeah thats fine manturafs.

I dont understand what some are saying. That if you use Marketplace you cant use Lyrics?

I was waiting for the Market Place to be updated, which it was. I installed that first, then the updated Login mod, then I installed this Lyrics mod, then added the Internet Apps Menu w/ the white bttn on the Home Blade (as I cant figure out how to add it to the others),  and it works fine for me.

Can someone clarify what you mean that it wont work with both? I got it working.

Sexy_Patrick

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 01:44:00 AM »

Thanks manturafs for the help... You saved me alot of xml editing....

and Fused0ne as far as using the xbmc marketplace mod it works fine with the lyrics mod... only thing i get that happens is when you exit the lyrics mine freezes (well the lyrics, The track time bar, and the OCD Bar)...

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 01:50:00 AM »

To save yourself a lot of hassle you could just use <label>Media:Audio-CD</label> rather than <include>****</include> for your labels it means you don't need to edit the includes.xml and if some one changes the includes.xml then your fine nothing in your mod will change.

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »

Fusedone Said:
By the way where does this script get its lyrics from? Same place as the other one?

* Fusedone the Script is virtually the same as the original author intended the only things that I really changed was just to change
the size and location of where the screen went and the text displayed. The lyrics are downloaded from the same place as before.

Add the following line at the end of the /XBMC/language/english/strings.xml file before the </strings> tag.
===============================================================================
<string id="17002">Now Pausing...</string>

Add these into the includes.xml sorry I forgot to up this for lyrics:
=====================================================================
<include name="20013"><label>View Lyrics</label></include>

Other includes for the full mod are:

<include name="21001"><label>Media:None</label></include>
   <include name="21002"><label>Media:Busy</label></include>
   <include name="21003"><label>Media:Open</label></include>
   <include name="21004"><label>Media:$INFO[System.DVDLabel]</label></include>

<include name="19147a"><label>Play Media or Game currently loaded in DVD-Drive.</label></include>
        <include name="19147b"><label>Pause Currently Playing Audio/Video File.</label></include>
    <include name="19147c"><label>Resume Paused Audio/Video File.</label></include>
   <include name="19147d"><label>Stop any currently Playing Audio/Video File.</label></include>
   <include name="19147e"><label>Skip to Previous Audio/Video File.</label></include>
   <include name="19147f"><label>Skip to Next Audio/Video File.</label></include>

All of these strings do not replace current labels they are all new so they will not interfere with the original skin.

Sexypatrick Said:
1. Display weather (Gets Dropped when i isntall this mod)
2. Couple of options Blank (Happens when i installed this mod)

Sexypatrick. Display whether should be displayed as normal but I would not know what could happen if you are using other mods.
Ensure that the includes listed above are in your includes.xml file. As stated these do not overwrite any includes currently setup.

What weather mod are you talking about..?

As for the Media info moving when the buttons dissappear. I thought about it but did not think it would look right if the text moved it around. I did think about having the button appears on the right side but thought it would look neater to keep them next to the eject.

Video support: The player control does control any media currently playing. I did think about and if people really want it I could add it in.

Fusedone:
Lyrics will not interefere with Marketplace mod. The xml for the lyrics will not change 90% of the time so you can just overwrite the files and add the one line into the includes.xml file and all will be as it should..

For anyone interested here are the raw icons for lyrics to create some better ones. These are photoshop files:
http://www.bestshari...Images.zip.html

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »

the lyrics mod really shouldn't interfere with marketplace except for some text not appearing unless you have the includes from above.

as for the freezing, that has to do with the mod itself and shouldn't be a factor of marketplace.

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sexy_Patrick @ Aug 11 2006, 08:15 AM) View Post

only thing i get that happens is when you exit the lyrics mine freezes (well the lyrics, The track time bar, and the OCD Bar)...

I did notice that a few times but It seems to be if you try to move around on he OSD before the script has closed.. It might be something to do with no being focused Im not a python expert and even with debug on it does not really give an error.. I will have a look though to see if I can send the focus back to the OSD before the script has finished..

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

Heres an update for the Lyrics addon...with Screens...

Add this line to your includes.xml
----------------------------------
<include name="20013"><label>View Lyrics</label></include>

Right-Click and Download these icons done by Manturafs and put them into your /MC360/media directory:

(IMG:http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4813/lyricsfocus2de6.png)
(IMG:http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7930/lyricsnofocus2ud5.png)

Extract all of the files from this zip file into your /MC360/extras directory:
http://www.bestsharing.com/files/ms0019577...-Setup.zip.html

There are 7 differnt focus bars and 12 different panel colours to choose from:
To use a different panel or focus bar just rename the one you like to either:
   - lyrics-panel-show   or
   - lyrics-focus-show

I have modified this script abit to reduce the height of the panel so its not near the OSD display. Also with the addition of a focus bar the text when you need to select the right lyrics was not easily readable but that should not be a problem now.

Heres a few screens..I have tried to make the panel similar to the blades and taken a few ideas from other people that have done templates as well.
(IMG:http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7404/1ti5.jpg)
(IMG:http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6287/2uc7.jpg)
(IMG:http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9894/3le3.jpg)

This post has been edited by Chunk_1970: Aug 11 2006, 10:59 PM

pceptimus

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

just the kind of image for the lyrics panel i was looking for tongue.gif only prob i think its a market place bug though i added the lyrics script to the internet apps window so i could view the lyrics on the main page and it seems to open the panel twice?

WeeBo

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

I also made a change to your mod to include my skin and positioning.
If you would like to try it out download the file, upload contents to mc360/extras dir.
You have to replace the XBMCLyrics.py script as well, since the positioning is changed.
Ideas and comments welcome.  Read the read me on how to change the text. (its simple:))
Also if you like the skin, the positioning of the OSD menu can be changed if you want, I just didnt feel like
it right now since I don't know about the demand.

----
Black Text
IPB Image

White Text
IPB Image

--------
Download
--------

Thanks WeeBo smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]