xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Unofficial Xbmc Live Marketplace  (Read 6182 times)

Oen386

• Archived User
Unofficial Xbmc Live Marketplace
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

I like the quick reply.

I don't think I said it, but the addon is great. That was just a list of my suggestions.

Is it possible for you to fix the problems with the current wallpaper packs and sounds soon?

Also my script gets stuck at "installing content" quite often. Maybe because of the file names?

I am just hoping most of these get ironed out, if so then I think this addon will take off like wild fire. Lots of my friends loved how in other dashboards you could download new skins in seconds, and this really adds that feature with some style.

I think E:\Icons E:\Wallpapers would be a great idea. Also incase people need to reinstall XBMC it won't remove their download wallpapers and Icons.

Another suggestion.. if there is a way to check if someone has a wallpaper pack/sound/icon already? Like have a * or check or something next to the item so we don't download it again. Just a nice touch, something that  would be cool, but not necessary.

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »

oooh nice suggestion.  i'll have to test it out to see if i can.

also, yes, i was right about the filenames thing.  for future reference no spaces in filenames and i will make a note of it on the website as well.  since i was testing them, nintendo DS sounds and the halo 3 black have been fixed and will work.  i'm working on the rest of the content as we speak.  thanks again for the suggestions.  very good ideas.

phlsphr420

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

Gamesaves support taken out? Any particular reason? Also having various problems with scripts, but it could just be it taking forever. I see no hard drive or network activity (aside from me pressing the button) when I try to trigger the button that initiates the scripts. I've been trying to investigate this myself, but teaching myself html and python as I go. Any info would be appreciated. If you could tell me how to make the gamesaves script work again I could probably figure the rest out from there.

phlsphr420

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

no edit button. well, figured it out. turns out the gamesave script has a skin-folder-checker type code embedded. i had the skin renamed to xbmc360 tongue.gif

okdoke, thanks guys =)

Oen386

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »

It appears everything is working now. Can't wait for the next version, and people to upload their own wallpaper packs. smile.gif

af_

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(manturafs @ Jun 27 2006, 03:19 AM) View Post

af, what version of T3ch and MC360 are you using?  i also made sure it worked with the MC360 font, but maybe try using the default font instead with your install.

mazola:  i saw your small description and just copied it over to the full information.  let me know if that is enough!  thanks for the file too.  i like it.

ed, i agree, just PM me since I want to talk about the next steps.

I have the latest version of T3CH (18/06) and the latest version of xbmc (that i downloaded yesterday from blackbolt.xbox-scene.com)

af_

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

Never mind, it works !!!! Great job!! its much better then the other version from that other guy!

yankefish

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

I cant get this towork i overwrite the old skins files but nothnign happend when i load xbmc, and yes im using the newest version

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

are you connected to the internet?  if you are on the media blade, do you see the movie trailers button?  if you don't, then you won't see the marketplace button either.  let me know if you have a connection or not.

yankefish

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

Yes i am connected, when i add the Mod, restart XBMC it looks the same.

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

ok, if you see the move trailers icon, you're right.  the only thing i can think of is maybe you're replacing the wrong files?  let's try overwriting the files again.  make sure all the PAL contents of the MOD overwrites the MC360 PAL files.

if you are still having trouble, maybe switch to PMIII and try installin it when the skin is not active.  keep me posted.

also, i figured out what's wrong with the avatars not downloading.  right now it's set to download to Q:\skin\mc360\media\icons.  Unfortunately, like me, that folder doesn't exist and the script can't create it.  therefore it just hangs at installing content because it can't find the folder.  all you have to do is create an icons folder in media and the downloads will work.  i'll work on fixing that if i can in the next release.

yankefish

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

do i just copy over your zip file or do i need to delete something, when i just replace with the files u have supplied i see the movie trailrs and all the original icons

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

you need to open the zip file.  inside the zip you should see a MC360 folder.  when you ftp to your xbox, navigate to xbmc, then the skin folder, and copy the entire folder there.  Not the zip, just what is inside the zip.  the ftp should then ask if you want to replace certain files, hit yes.  if it doesn't ask you, then you are copying the files to the wrong place.

mazola

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

Evening All

Just added Arkanoid sound pack. I've turned the volume down a bit on this one. If there's any wallpaper creators listening out there some matching backgrounds would be nice. (I might have a go myself, but there's some artistic people out there who could probobly do a lot better)

Hope you enjoy

Azin

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

I think alot of peoples problems have to do with non-updated content! down load gthe new XBMC and MC360 smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20