xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wide Icons - Glass  (Read 1352 times)

T0TAL

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Very nice... Any icons made using the template should match pretty darn well.

So here is the font I used to make them match just that little bit more.

Univers LT STD

NeoNitiPheus

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

hello !!!

thanks for your reply and I will go test this template with Univers LT STD and If I Need your help I come back ..........  laugh.gif

Very Thanks Guy

liquidfaction

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

Hey TOTAL, can you post the icons you've already created?

im good at disecting images but not much of a graphics artist tongue.gif

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

How do I work the template?

liquidfaction

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

Theres a layer in the template called 'cuttout image template' .. (or somthing like that).

what you need to do is use the shape on the cutout layer as a template for the button, and then paste your image onto the 'image' layer.

anything on the 'image' layer should be given the correct shadows, highlights, etc.

Instructions:
you'll need some basic photoshop skills. basicly, use the selection tool on the 'cutout' layer & select the entire layer (CTRL+A), tap the arrow key on your keyboard to get the shape outlined (Note: the cuttout layer might be hidden, un-hide it to get the proper selection).

you should have a selection outline in the shape of a button, now you can switch to another layer and use that to cuttout a shape (position it using the arrow keys then CTRL+X to slice out the button).

after you've cuttout the button shape, switch to the image layer and paste it in - Tada!!

T0TAL

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 05:42:00 AM »

Icons will be posted a bit later today or possibley tomorrow since Im on PSP and not main PC at moment.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

Couldn't you use layer masks for more efficiency? That way you could just stick any old image inside and it would be really easy.

T0TAL

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Ok here is the first set of icons... More will follow soon and Im sure some of you will want to use the template liquidfaction put together to create your own. There is also the font I used on the first page aswell.

Hope you like...

Download Link (Megaupload)

Glass

liquidfaction

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Jun 26 2006, 08:47 AM) View Post

Couldn't you use layer masks for more efficiency? That way you could just stick any old image inside and it would be really easy.

I would love to. - except its been 5 years since my last photoshop class and i've since forgotten  blink.gif
As soon as i remember how (or somone goes and does it for us), i'll update the template pack.

I really don't want to go overboard on this because as was mentioned earlier, the 2.0 engine is going to change things dramaticaly most of this work will probably need to be re-done. (although chances are the 2.0 release is going to line up with Duke Nukem Forever...)

Grudge

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(liquidfaction @ Jun 26 2006, 04:52 PM) *

I would love to. - except its been 5 years since my last photoshop class and i've since forgotten  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
As soon as i remember how (or somone goes and does it for us), i'll update the template pack.
I really don't want to go overboard on this because as was mentioned earlier, the 2.0 engine is going to change things dramaticaly most of this work will probably need to be re-done. (although chances are the 2.0 release is going to line up with Duke Nukem Forever...)

so basically theres no idea when/if it will come out?

liquidfaction

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

laugh. dont ask me, i'm not part of the team =P

it will be done when its done. the only people who could give you a real time frame are the xbmc guys and they decided not to commit to a release date - so its any bodys guess (worst case scenario is the Duke Forever syndrome)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

nice looking work, will fit like a glove in mc360..

but please do NOT do more work on this, a new way of implementing this in xbmc is on its way, no need to do different themed icons..

Things will change as soon as xbmc 2.0 is out, then new stuff will be developed.

I will have to agree with blittan...I would wait before you do more because it will be a waiste of time sad.gif

These are really nice wide icons... but things are going to change here pretty soon, and all work done on wide icons will be useless... Even all the wide icons I ever created (200+ Wide Icons!) and the 1,000+ wide icons already made by the many generous ppl who have helped...

For Example, after 2.0, in PM3, Wide Icons will have a slightly different look&layout, fonts&filenames will be implemented in the icon, as well as a lot of other stuff being done for pm3 specifically, Chokemaniac (The creator of Project Mayhem III) should be implementing all of this, so everything will be different. In PM3, You will be able to query a website and the wide icons will be downloaded automatically, without the need to rename folder files, find the icons, put them in certain folders, etc, etc, etttccc...

Your icons are great, but PLEASE wait til xbmc 2.0+ because thats when new, better & different stuff will be developed for wide icons/tv shows...Great work, just save your idea's, graphic skills, & everthing else until 2.0+

PS... Not trying to be negative here towards you, but another thing : "Themes", is pointless. You run into a problem I had when creating these wide icons... the icons I created looked beautiful in PM3, scanlines, shadow, etc, etc... when applied to MC360, they didn't quiet fit, a little too dark, etc... so the hundreds of icons (1,000+ Wide Icons made for PM3 specifically) was useless in MC360. so I learned that there should be a default 'theme' for wide icons, which should be dependant on the SKIN creator, Chokemaniac for pm3, the team behind MC360, kotix, etc. So this way you'll have your wide banner, and the skin will apply effects.

Because if we have certain themes, Glass, Scanlines, Clear, etc, etc... We will have to make 4+ themes for EVERY icon made! If I'm making a Southpark Wide Icon, I gotta make it for Glass/Scanlines/Clear/etc... So when xbmc 2.0 is out, there will be no need to create 'themes', or add your own 'effects', you'll basically just plug in a banner, and the skin will add the effects, not you, not me, not anyone. It's our job to find a cool looking banner/picture for the icon, and its the skins decision on what effects will be applied.

Sorry to rant here for a while, I love your wide icons, I really do, they look sleek! Its just sad to not much will be done with it sad.gif just like mine. I'm ONLY trying to help you here so u dont waiste your time

Hope 2.0 comes out real soon smile.gif

-NineT9mustang

slang123

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »

I'm sure he has taken this on board and is saving the origional un-glassified images. It's probably for those who cant wait post 2.0 also we cant assume everyone will download the post 2.0s as the 2.0 is there to be a stable release

NeoNitiPheus

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

hi !!!!!!!!!

I make 50 Icon or more but in the day I release them .............

Excuse me for my bad english

xxxwutengxxx

• Archived User
Wide Icons - Glass
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »

anyone have the template for this?  I would love to make a few custom ones for myself.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3