xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Mc360 Live Content Project  (Read 3260 times)

Simax

• Archived User
Mc360 Live Content Project
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

This is a good idea..Great idea!!!  I will help you with my webspace..but its only 50 mb  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

viral_dna

• Recovered User
  • DNA64
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

hehe 50mb is not gonna do alot, but even more so the bandwith would kill your site.

I sugest http://www.globat.com/

Masive Bandwith & Space at a low price.

3.5TB Bandwith
25GB Space
$6.95/month
$83.40/year

4.1TB Bandwith
50GB Space
Host up to 35 Domains
$12.95/month
$155.40/year

The good thing about this is you can share the space/cost with others.

The virus that infects your mind and frees your soul!

af_

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

blackbolt can host this to, of put it on xboxskins.net or something..

wassabi

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Can you say mimesis?

Edit:  How hard would it be to setup a mc360 skin on mimesis?

This post has been edited by wassabi: Jun 12 2006, 01:15 AM

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

how about adding a trainer download sections, seeing as xbmc supports them, and you need to get them from the internet. Have the option of scanning the hard drive for you saves then showing any trainers that can be downloaded for thoses games?

darkdonno

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

If you want memesis you may need to contact them to get offical support.

That or you start PacketSniffing biggrin.gif

When ive finshed my exams this well ill get started on
A new gametrailers.com for this project.

As for the Theme Downloader <- I have already coded that unfortanlty i didn't get any time to test and add to the new MC360.

Also i already have a system in place (not hooked up to the skin yet), for checking the MC360 version. (I also had a downloader but due toXBMC related isue i said before it didn't work)

If someone else wants to work on a trainer script that would be cool. ( i have no intrest in trailers)

ANother idea for a script is Wallpaper packs in which you download a zip from a site. (that has 4 images with certain file names), the scritp then extracts it and executes a  Site.SetImage(Media,Q:\Skins\Extras\Themes\wallpaper-media.png)

Have fun biggrin.gif
See you in a week.

SuicideUZI

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(remedee @ Jun 11 2006, 06:52 PM) *

This is a great idea, especially if more people consider making .xpr files to post their themes. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but other than using copyrighted images, there is nothing illegal about having a server that would host these themes is there? I don't have enough time today (Sunday), but I'm off tomorrow. If no one manages to script a "Download Themes" option, I'll take a look at scripting it myself. I'd much rather attempt it in .xml format since it would be a simple addition to the skins .xml files and I haven't messed with python scripting all that much.

For creating your own themes, you can check out this post to make your images in to an .xpr file. Now we just need to figure out a way to host them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

how much webspace and monthly bandwidth do you think this would need?

remedee

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

I'm sure AngryCamel and the rest of the Mimesis Team would be interested in something like this, as it would only help to promote Mimesis. Intergrated downloads of themes/skins/maps etc. is a beautiful thing, which is why I still mod a lot of boxes using UnleashX as the default dash. I use XBMC more for streaming media than playing games, but a lot of my friends use theirs pretty much just for games, so UnleashX is a bit more user friendly when it comes to setting up "dummy-proof" menus etc., and allows them to download new skins from right within the dash.

I'm slowly working on the themes deal, but darkdonno obviously has more experience with the themes and images that go along with MC360 and has already started work on it, so mine may end up being useless (which I am perfectly ok with because it'll probably be a whole lot nicer than I could pull off tongue.gif)

Trainer intergration would also be nice, but I don't use them and actually have no clue as to how they work with XBMC, so I won't be working on this aspect of it. Sorry.

bartje006

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »

A theme server sounds great. Users can upload and download their xpr files.

About the wallpapers, you cant save them in a profile, so you have to switch them manually. If you have an xpr file it is much easier (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

PS. When does the team release the glass and Carbon theme, so we can save custom backgrounds also with those themes.

This post has been edited by bartje006: Jun 12 2006, 09:45 AM

darkdonno

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »

WE WILL NOT PROVIDE HTE PNGS or PHOTOSHOP for the Themes

you are better off getting someone to code a Theme Setter
Which takes a folder, and sets the 4-5 images in them to the repesivte custom wallpapers based on file names.

Then you can disbtrube wallpaper packs.

remedee

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 03:03:00 AM »

The Glass and Carbon themes are there, but The team never announced they were going to release the images etc. for the themes, which is why you can create .xpr files using my manual method, or Psychokiller1888 batch file (which works wonderfully) to semi-automate the process (you still need to have your image files named properly). IIRC at one point Blackbolt mentioned that he'd consider releasing the unlocked .xpr files if there was enough interest, but never promised that we would be able to manipulate the Team's original work. I can appreciate that.

I realize that a lot of the custom wallpaper releases look great with the Carbon theme, and quite a few have come out that work just as well with the Glass theme, but a LOT of work went in to MC360, and honestly, I have no issues with Team Blackbolt keeping a few things to themselves considering how many things were altered immediately after the release (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

EDIT: Well, darkdonno replied while I was typing this (but I didn't erase my entire post since I took the time to type it). As stated, I can appreciate the Team not releasing certain aspects of their work. The Team has given us a GREAT SKIN to work with. If you find a cool way to get things to work the way you want, great, but don't expect EVERYTHING to be handed to you. These guys accomplished a lot more than what most people realize. I hope they know that there are quite a few people out there that understand the amount of time and effort that is involved in a complete top-to-bottom skin for XBMC, nevermind emulating an entirely new system.

This post has been edited by remedee: Jun 12 2006, 10:19 AM

bartje006

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(darkdonno @ Jun 12 2006, 10:19 AM) View Post

WE WILL NOT PROVIDE HTE PNGS or PHOTOSHOP for the Themes
you are better off getting someone to code a Theme Setter
Which takes a folder, and sets the 4-5 images in them to the repesivte custom wallpapers based on file names.

Then you can disbtrube wallpaper packs.

That is a great idea! An option for 'set default folder' should also be included. Too bad I cant code (xml nor Python).  wink.gif

jC!

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Horscht @ Jun 11 2006, 06:06 AM) View Post

the idea is nice. But I'd recommend not using the launch script. It broke some time ago (I suspect yahoo changed their site on purpose to make it stop working) and it wont work any longer sad.gif

Might consisder the YouTube script. Not only do you get access to all of YouTube, but on YouTube there are a lot of Music Videos aswell. And YouTube seems to support 'leeching' so unlike Y! Launch, chances are the script will always work. (At least until YouTube runs out of funds to support the massive monthly Tarabytes of bandwidth they have to push and pay for :-P)

Ed^^

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

Yop ,
I have succeded my exam of philosophy biggrin.gif , but tomorrow literature :s !
Don't forget that I want make a sort of "XboxMarketPlace" , not "AllScriptsPlace" :s ! We must choose popular scripts !
Bye tongue.gif

Ed^^

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »

woooooooow  blink.gif
Great job Rocky 5 @@

Video : Marketplace by Rocky 5

If you continu , you're going to finish before I begin to work !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9