xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: File Explorer Blade  (Read 662 times)

ventline

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Shynkz @ Jun 9 2006, 11:03 AM) View Post

Really really great mod perfect for the many people who dont use XLink Kai at all. (like me tongue.gif )

One thing though, really small and hard to notice, but if you go to the Games blade and press the A button on Games, Applications Game Saves or Xbox Arcade, as the blades are moving it will quickly say Xlink Kai instead of file explorer... any way to fix this?

Also, why do you only edit the pal folder and not the NTSC or others? Just curious

Hey thanks, thought some people might like it.

Ok to fix the blade from saying xlink kia you'll need to edit the includes.xml and find this line
<include name="19010"><label>xlink kai</label></include> and change it to this
<include name="19010"><label>file explorer</label></include> lower case letters and that will fix it.

Also all the skins I've seen are made in pal that's where everything is at.

QUOTE(netdroid9 @ Jun 9 2006, 06:08 AM) View Post

I don't think there's enough screenspace, and the ammount of work required to make more would be tremendous.

wanna bet  cool.gif
IPB Image

but yes tremendous amount of work. this will take time to get the visuals right

nastleb

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Ventline.. Thanks so much for this mod as I and other user that dont have much use for xlink appreciate it (as we appreciate blackbolts team on their work to ring us this great skin)

One request though.. Are you able to post a version for those of us would would prefer to have the weather replace the xlink blade! That would be just great.. i know i could sit and modify the xmls for this but it would be quicker for u as im sure u know wot needs to be edited and wot doesnt..

Once i get that i will need to merge both ur work and other mods to come up with my own favourite smile.gif

Thanks

KiLL CraZy

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(ventline @ Jun 9 2006, 01:39 PM) View Post

Hey thanks, thought some people might like it.

Ok to fix the blade from saying xlink kia you'll need to edit the includes.xml and find this line
<include name="19010"><label>xlink kai</label></include> and change it to this
<include name="19010"><label>file explorer</label></include> lower case letters and that will fix it.

Also all the skins I've seen are made in pal that's where everything is at.
wanna bet  cool.gif
IPB Image

but yes tremendous amount of work. this will take time to get the visuals right

great job man!!! I love how u was able to keep kai and also add another blade!!
when will u upoload this?

Blackbolt

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

Shame it looks shit, the filemanger is just too squashed there, it has its own full blade just 2 clicks away FROM ANY LOCATION in the skin.

The beauty about having it on the MC360 Guide blade atm is that you can be looking at your videos and think oh shit i want that file here instead, PRess Start, click, click and then have a fullscreen wide File Manager, then when you are done back out.

This way you have to go back out of media, slide across 2 blades and then are left with a squashed up filemanager.

Mc360 when i was first created had a filemanager like this, we scrappd it after getting pissed off waiting for filenames to scroll across on our TV shows etc.

Look:

IPB Image

It doesnt look very good cramped into a small space, only accessable from one point of entry,

We settled for accessable from anywhere in the skin, in just 2 Clicks.

djdafreund

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

I have to agree with Blackbolt. Although it's a neat idea, it makes sense what Blackbolt said. Easy access from anywhere.
Another great example is the EXCELLENT mod that someone posted (i keep that file each time in my personal builds.) that add's the extra info (hard drive,ip address, and weather) when you push the right stick (below the Restart,shutdown,etc. buttons) so you can access the weather or whatever no matter where your at, (IE- playing a video or music at the time, and hit the right thumbstick to get the weather info in a split second.

okoaomo

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

I say build KIA into the Games Blade.

KIA is for playing games anyway.

Put it where it belongs.

KAM

YungGun

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

I have to agree with djdafreund and blackblot,  by having all the new addons to a right thumbstick < option it will be much easy to everyone, and blackblot wouldn't get mad for replacements

airy

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

MC360 - what we have now is just the begining! (beta!?) Remember XBMP - weak!

Here is what id like to see in the future...

KAI should be under the games blade

File Explorer is fine the way it is, nice if it was under system blade.

Then we could have a custom blade for scripts... InternetRadio, etc...

EvilShindo

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »

We also have to remember the Xbox 360's dashboard was designed with only 4 blades... having an extra blade would only make it uneven.

djdafreund

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

Well, i am using the File explorer a fair amount of the time to constantly revamp file locations of new movies,series,etc. myself. I am currantly liking the mod of clicking on the Gamertag to open up the XLink section, problem solved there. So the Xlink blade isn't needed anymore now to access that.
 Thing is this, i wouldn't nessessarily want to use that blade for Explorer though either, so maybe someone has some idea's to go from there as to what would be a good solution to use that for and go from there in a vote maybe. Who has some good idea's. Lets brainstorm all together here for a good solution, as a viable mc360 mod enhancement. Maybe an mc360 update if liked by the BB team enough.

Noodlez

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

I see a media menu onscreen display type thing in BB's screen shot,  bring that back smile.gif

Mika--

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

I'd like to ask if you could upload only the "custom1113_KAIHome.xml" -file, which would include the file manager and not the xlink kai-page, if that's possible smile.gif

Sorry for double post, but I couldn't edit the previous one sad.gif

Foolio187

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 9 2006, 06:56 PM) View Post

Shame it looks shit, the filemanger is just too squashed there, it has its own full blade just 2 clicks away FROM ANY LOCATION in the skin.

The beauty about having it on the MC360 Guide blade atm is that you can be looking at your videos and think oh shit i want that file here instead, PRess Start, click, click and then have a fullscreen wide File Manager, then when you are done back out.

This way you have to go back out of media, slide across 2 blades and then are left with a squashed up filemanager.

Mc360 when i was first created had a filemanager like this, we scrappd it after getting pissed off waiting for filenames to scroll across on our TV shows etc.

Look:

IPB Image

It doesnt look very good cramped into a small space, only accessable from one point of entry,

We settled for accessable from anywhere in the skin, in just 2 Clicks.

Why make a point like this, then change it in the latest build? Was better on the guide.

nuka1195

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

I agree file manager on the guide and bring back Kai.

4k_sp4d35

• Archived User
File Explorer Blade
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

Cant KAI be built into the games blade and explorer into the system blade.

Got you covered part way with that idea:

IPB Image

(Sorry if the pic is so small)

If you can't tell from the pic, added the "connect to xlink kai" button below my applications, then replaced the kai blade with the new file manager mod....as far as the kai logo at the bottom of the screen, just for looks

EDIT: Just to cover my own butt, since I'm new posting on the forums, am I gonna get a lot of crap for posting that pic which includes the 360 orb? If so, please let me know now and I'll swap out pics
Pages: 1 [2]