xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Customization Options  (Read 302 times)

asteron

• Archived User
Customization Options
« on: March 02, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »

Hi,
Just saw the second trailer and am pretty impressed with what I saw.
I noticed a space on most of the blades allocated to the gamertag.  For those of us who dont have a Live account what will this space become? An xbmc logo or something else (maybe weather?)

I noticed a couple of features that appear to be python scripts  (like the game saves button)  
Do you plan to bundle these with the skin?  

Also how possible is it to add new blades?

I also have no clue what it means to be able to customize the skin without editting XML files...

Anyway this looks pretty impressive ... good work 'team'!  (Your site needs a roster so I know who to thank when this comes out)  I'm looking forward to April (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-Ast (you can find me in the XBMC python forums)

uberx

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

I was also curious about some customization options. I just installed a 300 gig HD and have my videos and TV Shows mixed among the F and G drive. With the MC360 skin and XBMC 2.0 will I be able to separate my videos and tv shows, but still be able to specify which directories to search in for the files? If thats a little confusing, here is what I am trying to say:

F:/movies/
  40 backed up movies
F:/tvshows/LOST1
  season 1 of Lost
F:/tvshows/Office
  season 1 of The Office
G:/movies/
  70 backed up movies

I'd like to be able to select the Media blade, then "videos" and see all the videos on both my F and G drives under /movies/.

I'd also like to be able to select the Media blade, then "TV Shows" and be able to see the title of the tv shows under F:/tvshows and then be able to select individual episodes.

hats off to the whole team for all the hard work put into such a fine-looking project!

sirsmacketh

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

Looks like you haven't used XBMC before. There's an XML file that contains all the settings that XBMC uses. In the movie's section, all you have to to is list each folder that contains your movies, or simply list the F:\ and G:\ drives and XBMC will automatically list any video filetype under the Movies section.

uberx

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

Nope, I've used it before, but I didn't believe it was possible to put files from two different directories into one list.

I know how to edit the XML file so that I have the option to select between the F:/movies and G:/movies. That isn't what I would like to be able to do.

The Third Man

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(uberx @ Mar 3 2006, 11:15 AM) View Post

Nope, I've used it before, but I didn't believe it was possible to put files from two different directories into one list.

I know how to edit the XML file so that I have the option to select between the F:/movies and G:/movies. That isn't what I would like to be able to do.

Maybe I'm not undersatnding what you are trying to do, but you just need to make bookmarks:

<bookmark>
<name>Movies</name>
<path>F:/movies/, G:/movies/</path>
</bookmark>

<bookmark>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path>F:/tvshows/</path>
</bookmark>

uberx

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

<bookmark>
<name>Movies</name>
<path>F:/movies/, G:/movies/</path>
</bookmark>

Thats exactly what I was looking for! I had no idea you could comma separate paths!

Thank you very much!

nuka1195

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

Newer xml file supports this format.

CODE

Movies
F:/movies/
G:/movies/

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 04:10:00 AM »

Hmm...

Mine uses F:\ not F:/

astrophong

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(asteron @ Mar 3 2006, 01:11 AM) View Post

I noticed a space on most of the blades allocated to the gamertag.

It prolly doesn't show a gamertag, since modded xbox can't connect to live.  The space will prolly be used for Kai Xlink tags... which are better. wink.gif

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(astrophong @ Mar 4 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post

It prolly doesn't show a gamertag, since modded xbox can't connect to live.  The space will prolly be used for Kai Xlink tags... which are better. wink.gif

You are half right and half totally wrong.

If you aint connected to Kai, you can set up your Gametag. As in yes Xbox-Live gamertag. Go to www.xbox.com and set up a gamertag and choose your pic. When MC360 is released you can go into the skin and choose the Gametag you set up and it will load the right information onto the dash gamercard. If you have a real 360 live account, it will load your info onto the blade, gamerscore, zone, gamertag name and userimage. biggrin.gif

When Kai is connected it overrides the Xbox.com tag and shows a kai gamertag on the blades instead. This serves 2 purposes, it shows your Kai status etc, and it shows you that you are connected to Kai. Just like real 360 dash shows you are connected to live via your info on there.

We are just this week finalising the details for the real gamertag side of things, but you will get the gist of it soon, the Gamecard section of the skin has been headed by Donno, purely by my single idea, he has researched and pulled this off. So mad props to him for his work, he has been a vital part of our team and is also helping us with a few other major elements of the skin.

rootofallevil

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

I love flowers and pretty pictures, la la la la

This post has been edited by Blackbolt: Mar 5 2006, 01:51 AM

timo1023

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

What about an Xlink tag while you aren't connected to Xlink?

asteron

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

How about for those that use their box just to play media?  Are you going to put a xbmc logo there?

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(asteron @ Mar 5 2006, 01:33 PM) View Post

How about for those that use their box just to play media?  Are you going to put a xbmc logo there?

Blackbolt said (not sure if this is still the case or not) that if you don't have Xbox Live or Kai, the gamercard will display your XBMC profile name, if you have one set up.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Customization Options
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Mar 5 2006, 07:57 PM) View Post

Blackbolt said (not sure if this is still the case or not) that if you don't have Xbox Live or Kai, the gamercard will display your XBMC profile name, if you have one set up.

For totally offline people, we are still working on what we want for these guys. I know alot of people's xbox's will be offline, so you guys will have something special, dont worry.