xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Changing Splash.png Resolution In Xbmc  (Read 50 times)

team_toyo

• Archived User
Changing Splash.png Resolution In Xbmc
« on: December 10, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

I have wanted to change the splash.png to something differant other than the PM3 Oval Xbox Logo. I recently downloaded the MC360 skin, and wanted an Xbox 360 logo to pop up as a splash instead, but it will only show at a certain resolution/size.

For example:
 I resized a 360 logo on my PC from 320 X 240 to fit my tv 720 x 576 and when I restart XBMC it shows the startup logo but doesn't show it in fullscreen, just the picture with black bars all around. I'm not to sure if there is a way to change this or if I need to change the size of the logo  to a higher res like 1024 x 768.

I also don't understand why the folder with splash.png is under PM3 skin folder since I'm using MC360 skin.

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

The splash is not coded to be fullscreen, so that cannot be helped unless you know some c++ and how to compile your own xbmc. And the splash is not in the pm3 skin folder it is in the media folder of xbmc, and how it comes is how whoever compiled it(hopefully you got a T3CH release) wanted the splash to be. That is why it comes with an original splash as well, plus PM3 is the default skin after all.

team_toyo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

Thanks for clearing this up for me CHI3f. Can someone delete this thread. It will die soon.

fanerman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »

I'm resurrecting an old topic, but I want to do a similar thing.

What is the maximum resolution that can be displayed without any scaling or cropping or anything like that?  Should I just use the same resolution as the included splash files, or are they below the available limit?

nickman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(fanerman @ Jan 4 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post

I'm resurrecting an old topic, but I want to do a similar thing.

What is the maximum resolution that can be displayed without any scaling or cropping or anything like that?  Should I just use the same resolution as the included splash files, or are they below the available limit?

DonĀ“t think there is any limit except for maybe a picture to big for the xbox memory.
XBMC just takes the splash image and scales (shinks it) to 1/4 of the screen size.

This way it will always appear the same size on all screenmodes. The splash will offcource look better at a higher resolution if your xbox is running a higher resolution. Hope that makes sense to you wink.gif