xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Games Button  (Read 64 times)

radio5

• Archived User
Games Button
« on: August 02, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

I was wondering if there is a way to go straight to the contents of your xbox game folder when you hit the "Games" button. When I hit it now, it shows my dvd drive, my emulator folder, my xbox games folder and my programs folder. But when I hit the xbox arcade button it takes me straight to my emulators, which is awesome.

The Ladd

• Archived User
Games Button
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

It sounds like your game folder isn't named "Games" or is to deep into a directory. Just rename your game directory "Games" or you could open "Q:\UserData\sources.xml" and change where XBMC looks for your games.

radio5

• Archived User
Games Button
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

You're right. The folder for my games is named "My Games". I'll try renaming it to simply "Games" when I get home. I'll let you know if that did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Games Button
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:34:00 AM »

You can browse to the folder, press white and choose SET AS DEFAULT, this will make sure that folder is loaded as default.

radio5

• Archived User
Games Button
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

Yes sir, Mr. Blackbolt. That was one of the very first things I tried to do, but for some strange reason it just wouldn't hold the setting. I did, however, try renaming my folder back to just "Games" as The Ladd suggested and that did the trick (after I went into the settings and correctly renamed the source name and file). I guess I got a little liberal in my customization! Thanks go out to The Ladd for solving this for me, and...

Blackbolt,

You are trully a skinning God. With the scene starting to wind down with xbox breakthrough's, you've blasted fresh energy into the xbox. I first found and installed mc360 2 days ago and it has totally blown me away. I have never even played a 360 by the way.     Thank you so much.              -radio5