xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Preview Of Work In Progress  (Read 208 times)

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Preview Of Work In Progress
« on: July 08, 2006, 09:10:00 PM »

this is what i have done of a new theme i'm working on, its taken me several days to get this far. I had alot of trouble figuring out a way to have alot of transparency in the blades and at the same time cover up the stretching mechanism that the blades usually cover up. I finally figured out a way to do this, half transparent-half solid backgrounds.that way they can still overlap. Anyway heres what i have so far, after i design a logo and wallpaper and do some cleaning i'll post it...
IPB Image
IPB Image
____-----
here are some earlier designs, once i have everything ironed out i'll make some color variations like these...
IPB ImageIPB Image

hope you all like them ph34r.gif

Fused0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

How do you get the parts of the blade you dont want seen transperant? I know for web images its the neon green color to make a transperant image, but what do you do for the blades so that only what you want seen is shown?

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »

GreenfieldToys,

very nice work! can't wait to try it out! smile.gif

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

I'll try to explain this better..not all the blades are the same, i'll go blade by blade...

left size 1- has a solid background( this solid color must match a solid wallpaper color for this effect to work)
left size 2- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.
left size 3- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.
header-background is transparent

right size 3- solid background
right size 2- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.
right size 1- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.

(for mine i just made a rectangle over half the background, you may need to cut out a shape?)

you'll also have to make a rectangular runner file to fill in some other gaps.

This will also takes lots of trial and error. hope that answers any questions smile.gif

Fused0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 04:33:00 AM »

Ok I see what your saying, but so far not having any luck producing it right lol.

Is there anyway to get a set of blank psd files for the blades? Like one for the left blades, one for the right blades, and one for the header blade? Like a blank psd file for each blade that has a different set up of transperant and solid backgrounds? Like a blank psd file with all the correct layers, but the blade is blank or something, one for the

left size 1- has a solid background( this solid color must match a solid wallpaper color for this effect to work)

1 for
left size 2- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.
left size 3- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.

just one for both since they both have the same transparent set up

1 for the
header-background is transparent

1 for the
right size 3- solid background

1 for both since same setup also
right size 2- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.
right size 1- left side of background is transparent, right side is solid.

I know thats alot to ask, but it may be helpfull to alot of people. That way everyone can change the solid color themselves as needed, and do the blade layer how they want. Am I making sense? Like pre-made psd's with all the layers needed, and the blade blank ready for editing.

I hope i'm getting what I mean across corectly, dont want to seem crazy or insane. As I know its a big thing to ask, and I am not sure if I am getting what I mean across correctly.

Either way, thanks for explaing how they should be.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »

Its deffinatly....different! biggrin.gif

All these skins are inspiring me to release a Template Skin pack of textures un-xpr'd. That way you align things up with the skin correctly.

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

BB,

I think a lot of people would appreciate such a template. smile.gif

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

BB, please release that asap, if you did you would save me hours of trial and error instantly! Right now i'm trying to develope a homebutton template, that should say it all blink.gif

Different is good, this is a test, to see whats possible, and the results are a reflection of the versatility of the skin. Its a sweet skin biggrin.gif

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 03:49:00 AM »

ooo buttons...
IPB Image

This probably won't be done for awile sad.gif

Fused0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 04:59:00 AM »

I cant wait for your theme! It looks great!

I think I'm going to have to give up on making themes,or atleast blades, I cant manage to get them transparent.

How long do you think it will take you to finish your theme? It really looks awesome!

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »

Greenfieldtoys, your enthusiam seems to be outdoing your actual productivity, I can see you want to do something great but at the moment that just looks like a mess, there is just simply too much going on.

and using white as a background = NONO! Screenburn heaven.

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »

my friend, its gonna get even messier tongue.gif

thanks for the heads up on the white bg, i'll tone it down.

i do have alot of cleaning to do.

but seriously, do you even like mecha? because i love detailed mecha.

I also like organic flow infused w/ mecha, this is my milkblood, and its also the kind of thing art schools try to suck out of people, mold everyones style into the same package, not me baby! lol...

anyway nobody ever has to like my work, i prefer that half don't, if that ratio holds true i've done a good job.
the best art you either love or hate, the rest is just in between...

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

hERES ANOTHER UPDATE, I did some redesign and some cleaning up, its still not perfect and i have alot of other stuff still to do, buttons, guide, and what ever else comes up along the way. I'll most likely redesign the buttons on this page to, so they match up better w/ the new design. anyway it should be done in the next week or so smile.gif
IPB Image

sdrowen

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

Dude that looks just insane sick all rolled into one.
Excellent effort.
GreenfieldToys your a madman buddy.

But i'm alittle afraid to put that on my $4000 TV.

But  I still love it. wink.gif

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

thanks, i'm still gonna tone it down somehow as per BB's suggestion, i'm just not sure what i'm doin' yet. JUst gonna have to play w/ it when i get there. I'm definetly gonna take my time w/ this, i wanna do the skin justice and i don't want anything to be buggy, and eventually i will make some color variations so ppl can match the skin w/ their box.

just a personal note, i feel kinda prickish for jumpin' BB's ass. He was just offering constructive critisism, and i read to much into it. I'm imposing a personal rule for myself from now on that i can't respond to a critisism until i give it a day or so, or atleast i'll try not to be so sensitive, because i do want the input.
also sorry for being preachy, i don't wanna come across that way smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2