xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duo X2 Flashing Tsop  (Read 87 times)

AceVentura

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« on: March 12, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »

Hello, just wondering if someone can tell me if I can use my good old EVOX cdrw disk to flash my version 1.1 XBOX tsop? Ive used this disk in the past with no problems but I use to flash with a homebrew chip but now I would like to use this Duo X2 chip. I have the TSOP jumpers soldered together on the bottem and top of the board. When I boot up to the EVOX disk it says RemoteX v1.8.2812.

The Duo X2 is installed and playing backups just fine, but I would like to flash the TSOP and remove the chip. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks,

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(AceVentura @ Mar 12 2005, 11:43 PM)
Hello, just wondering if someone can tell me if I can use my good old EVOX cdrw disk to flash my version 1.1 XBOX tsop? Ive used this disk in the past with no problems but I use to flash with a homebrew chip but now I would like to use this Duo X2 chip. I have the TSOP jumpers soldered together on the bottem and top of the board. When I boot up to the EVOX disk it says RemoteX v1.8.2812.

The Duo X2 is installed and playing backups just fine, but I would like to flash the TSOP and remove the chip. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks,

The easiest way is to use one of the gamesave exploits around.

ie copy files to Xbox HDD while chip in place.
Remove chip and solder bridges.
run original game / flash TSOP.

Martin

MegaHurt

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

If the chip is in, and you have the board points soldered, I would make the chip always on. Just solder the BT to pin 9, point G in the pictures, on the chip.

Then you just have to desolder the D0 wire and the TSOP should flash with Evox. That is assuming that you don't have a Winbond TSOP since those can't be flashed with Evox.

Anyway, never done a TSOP myself but this is how I would go about doing it.

Good Luck,

Megahurt

Blank

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(MegaHurt @ Mar 12 2005, 06:21 PM)
If the chip is in, and you have the board points soldered, I would make the chip always on. Just solder the BT to pin 9, point G in the pictures, on the chip.

Then you just have to desolder the D0 wire and the TSOP should flash with Evox. That is assuming that you don't have a Winbond TSOP since those can't be flashed with Evox.

Anyway, never done a TSOP myself but this is how I would go about doing it.

Good Luck,

Megahurt

I'd still say Martinchris23's way would be easier, except instead of using a gamesave exploit, I'd use a dashboard one (That way you wouldn't need the game itself to boot the exploit).

This post has been edited by Blank: Mar 13 2005, 01:23 AM

AceVentura

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

Thanks for all the posts guys!!

Blank,

is there a document on this way of flashing the TSOP anywhere. Im willing to read up on this to figure it out. Hell ive read enought tonight thats for sure. Thx

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(AceVentura @ Mar 13 2005, 02:30 AM)
Thanks for all the posts guys!!

Blank,

is there a document on this way of flashing the TSOP anywhere. Im willing to read up on this to figure it out. Hell ive read enought tonight thats for sure. Thx

Check the stickys at the top of this forum for a collection of TSOP guides.

Martin

spacefrog

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 05:47:00 AM »

use an exploit.

I'm pretty sure u can't just switch d0 to flash the tsop. once u boot up from the mod, you can't flash the tsop, it flashes the mod. even if you have d0 disconnected from ground

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(spacefrog @ Mar 15 2005, 01:47 PM)
use an exploit.

I'm pretty sure u can't just switch d0 to flash the tsop. once u boot up from the mod, you can't flash the tsop, it flashes the mod. even if you have d0 disconnected from ground

It *is* possible, but requires a special TSOP BIOS on a modchip and the A15 connection on the motherboard grounded. With this you can boot from a modchip and flash the TSOP but ONLY if the current TSOP isn't hosed.

Martin

spacefrog

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 15 2005, 11:56 PM)
It *is* possible, but requires a special TSOP BIOS on a modchip and the A15 connection on the motherboard grounded. With this you can boot from a modchip and flash the TSOP but ONLY if the current TSOP isn't hosed.

Martin

realy? does this apply to models 1.2-1.5s?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(spacefrog @ Mar 16 2005, 06:18 AM)
realy? does this apply to models 1.2-1.5s?

I can definitely say it applies to 1.2/1.3 Xboxes, but haven't checked it with the Focus chipset.

Martin

eazysamas

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 15 2005, 05:56 AM)

Martin

If it is possable could you please explain a bit further? What special TSOP BIOS do you need?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(eazysamas @ Mar 18 2005, 07:24 PM)
If it is possable could you please explain a bit further? What special TSOP BIOS do you need?

What you need:

LPC modchip with D0/ground control (an X2 chip will do it)
Wire soldered to the A15 point on the motherboard (check 29-wire mods for location).
The D6.TSOP Evox BIOS flashed to a bank on your chip. This can be found from the Evox 3921 dashboard distro.

A boot CD which has the ability to flash your TSOP. An updated Evox boot disk or a bootable copy of raincoat will suffice. (Winbond TSOP must use raincoat .7).

Instructions:

1. Ground the A15 wire.
2. Boot the Xbox with the chip enabled (booting from the d6.TSOP BIOS) and with the boot disk in place.
3. After a second, disable the chip. You should see the Xbox splash screen with blue/yellow Xbox logo. If all goes to plan, your boot disk should run. Using either TSOP flash method above should now work.

Martin

eazysamas

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

By x2 do you mean the duox2 or Xecuter2 (X2)? Whats Evox 3921 dashboard distro? I'm not sure where to find that bios your talking about. Thanks for the reply and help. I wanna try a softmod and I dont have any original games to use the game exploit with.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(eazysamas @ Mar 19 2005, 05:08 AM)
By x2 do you mean the duox2 or Xecuter2 (X2)? Whats Evox 3921 dashboard distro? I'm not sure where to find that bios your talking about. Thanks for the reply and help. I wanna try a softmod and I dont have any original games to use the game exploit with.

ok - any LPC modchip that has the on/off switch grounding the d0 will do. Otherwise you just need to solder a wire to the d0 and ground it. Then where is says 'disable the chip', remove the d0 wire from it's grounding point.

disto means distribution. In other words download the 3921 Evox dashboard from the usual places. In there you'll find a BIOS folder with the D6.TSOP BIOS in it.

It also assumes you've already soldered the TSOP bridges to make it write enabled.

If you've never tried any of this before then it may be just better for you to get a chip fitted, or ask someone to lend you a game etc.

Martin

eazysamas

• Archived User
Duo X2 Flashing Tsop
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

I've already done around 10 different mod chips for people, I just want to try and do the softmod more for fun and the learning experiance than anything else, I have several Xbox's that I can afford to loose, so its not the end of the world if something goes wrong. The problem is that no one I know has the right game and the closest place to get a game is 4 hours round trip. I've been reading for weeks about dooing it this way and it seems that most of the tuts are not complete, until now. I'm not new to modding just new to Xboxs. Thanks again wink.gif