xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmodding With Mechassault  (Read 40 times)

Adaray

• Archived User
Softmodding With Mechassault
« on: February 28, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

Following these directions "Open the Action Replay software and open the directory in which your version of the ltools package is saved. The just simply drag and drop the .zip file into the middle column (PC Database). After this drag the gamesave (Run Linux) across to the left column which shows your memory card and it should copy across. "

"Take out the memory card from the docking station and put it into the top of your xbox joypad. On the MS xbox dashboard choose memory and select the memory card with the gamesave on. Go to the gamesave and click A. The select Copy and copy the game to the xbox hard drive. Insert the chosen game which matches the chosen gamesave and wait for it to load."

"Select campaign and load up Run Linux by selecting it with A. Once loaded scroll down (Press B if it just says Mechassualt disc), select UDE Install from the menu. This will open a prompt asking you to choose which UDE to install. Choose which UDE to install by which Kernel you have, UDE1 green (A) should be used on kernels prior to 5713 and UDE2 should be used on kernels 5713 and higher. (The UDE2 only works on USA/Canadadian xboxes). Next it will ask you to pick a bios loader/patcher, from what I hear PBL-Metoo is the best. After that it will tell you to choose which bios to install, use Evox M8 for version 1.6+ xboxes and X2 4981 for version 1.0 thru 1.5 xboxes. Finally choose EvolutionX or MXM for the dashboard. Wait for it to finish installing, when it tells you to turn off your xbox, you can then turn it off but not a sec before (if you do you will more than likely really screw up you xbox)."

When I get to the "run linux by selecting it with A, I keep encountering different problems. First it said could not read file, so I deleted my existing mechassault data and then i got a black screen, then i went from using ltools_MA_v1.8.rc1.zip to ltools_MA_v1.7.5.zip, with that I got a black screen with lots of green text saying you have damaged your xbox in many languages and a 21 in the upper left corner. Now I have just about tried everything I can think of to get this working. Has anyone encountered any similar problems or have a possible solution? My xbox is version 1.3, and I am using the action replay memory card with usb docking station.

forgot to mention that the hdd light flashes green to red (didnt know it could do that) and its NTSC. hope i didnt forget anything else

This post has been edited by Adaray: Mar 1 2005, 06:11 AM

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

How exactly is this TSOP related?

el_diablo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

i would use ude2. the rest of the exploits all gave me troubles, so it might fix your problem.
and if you scrolled a little futher down you would have found a gamesave forum,...