xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Now Playing Icon  (Read 52 times)

eN4sA

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« on: June 07, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

You should play some music. Then you should press "X" and you should have your "Now Playing" stuff... Well me thinks that is the case anyway!! Worked for me..

The thing is..this isnt the PM3 Skin its something totally different... It may be a good idea to display the title of the song and a mini icon for those that dont want to press the X button when in blade mode... smile.gif Im not really fussed, the X button works fine for me when I need Bling!!

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »

The MUSIC and VIDEO overlays where removed. They are not used by the 360 and when we tried to emulate it, it fucked up because of our vis in the background.

You can press start and see the track, or go to now playing, dont forget anywhere in the skin you press the start button and see the track info, so dont dissppair.

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 7 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post

The MUSIC and VIDEO overlays where removed. They are not used by the 360 and when we tried to emulate it, it fucked up because of our vis in the background.

I understand the video overlay isn't possible, but what about just the music album art icon with the track info? It would be cool if it appeared on the "file browser" screens at the bottom left, just like the "golden ticket" version... I'm not talking about the main blades... I really miss that...

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

well you can press start at any time to see the now playing stuff, but adding the stuff to the main home pages, nope. Won't happen in the near future.

Maybe we will revampe the start MC360 Guide soon and have better no Playing featurs on there.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

File browser screen?, take a pick of it in PM3 for me so I know what you mean.

Ranas

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

You mean something like this? Made myself..sorry for removing the MC360 Icon, but i need the space tongue.gif

IPB Image

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranas @ Jun 17 2006, 12:02 AM) View Post

You mean something like this? Made myself..sorry for removing the MC360 Icon, but i need the space tongue.gif

No, not that at all, as Blackbolt said, the main blades will not be modified (and I agree).

Besides, as Blackbolt also already explained, that visualisation overlay wouldn't be possible.

I was just talking about the album art and track info on the browser screens.

Ranas

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

Oops..now i get it..you want the media infos directly in the file browser..sry,i misunderstood you ^^ just edit the MyMusicSongs.XML file as you want it..mine looks like that :

IPB Image

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

OH, now i understand, FileBrowser is NOT this, the filebrowser is when you choose where your screenshots directory is or pic a custom wallpaper, thats just the main music section.

We are adding the album info box to the bottom left yes, but not a mini visualisation, just the album art.

A1patriot

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ranas @ Jun 17 2006, 12:28 AM) View Post

Oops..now i get it..you want the media infos directly in the file browser..sry,i misunderstood you ^^ just edit the MyMusicSongs.XML file as you want it..mine looks like that :

Either i'm dumb or can't see for lookin'.

can u post the code plz? thx smile.gif

A1patriot

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 02:06:00 AM »

thx for speedy reply but i sorted it anyway.

just enabled allowoverlay in mymusicsongs.xml then imported MusicOverlay.xml from pm3.

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
Now Playing Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 17 2006, 01:30 AM) View Post

OH, now i understand, FileBrowser is NOT this, the filebrowser is when you choose where your screenshots directory is or pic a custom wallpaper, thats just the main music section.

We are adding the album info box to the bottom left yes, but not a mini visualisation, just the album art.

Thanks, I didn't know what to call it...  biggrin.gif

Excellent! Sounds great!