xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remove Blades?  (Read 93 times)

pontfirebird73

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

I have my xbox set up in my SUV which has no internet connection therefore the xlink blade is a little redundant is there any way to remove it?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

Yes but you would need to know a hell of a lot about skinning xbmc to do it

pontfirebird73

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

if there was a way to prevent all the other blades besides the home blade from being accessed it would be better. (my kid will probably be playing while i drive so i want it as easy as possible to access the games only)

Tyralion

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(pontfirebird73 @ Jun 7 2006, 07:28 AM) View Post

if there was a way to prevent all the other blades besides the home blade from being accessed it would be better. (my kid will probably be playing while i drive so i want it as easy as possible to access the games only)

Besides system locks you might also want to set MC360 to start in the Games blade.

pontfirebird73

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »

I have it starting in games blade but the masterlock doesn't block access to other blades

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

Not the home sections but to the main sections it will.

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tyralion @ Jun 7 2006, 03:09 AM) View Post

Besides system locks you might also want to set MC360 to start in the Games blade.

Its all in the nfo.  Start in Game blade is in the settings menu.  READ READ READ

AOforever1

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(airy @ Jun 7 2006, 11:04 AM) View Post

I would seriously like to see the first KAI blade replaced or replaceable with either the weather, filemanager or a Scripts page like an internet radio or something more usefull..... fosho!?

I dont think that's going to happen, because it would take away from the concept of this skin. Xlink Kai must stay, but instead I agree we need a quicker way to access the filemanager, scripts, and weather with out leaving a scar on the skin.

airy

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

well something along the lines as a custom blade or a way to add one more in there somehow would be great.... Im sure theres a lot of people who use the xlink, and a lot of others like myself that do not, so i guess it goes both ways and this is only THE BEGINNING! of what this skin can do

ya feel me?!

pontfirebird73

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

what would I have to do to just disable the ability to just move to other blades? say have it start in games but you can't press left to go to kai. or even change it to a button combination to move to other blades like hold both triggers and press left or right.

I have always liked blackbolt skins and this xbmc skin is by far the best thing to happen in a long time.

darkdonno

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

It ain't going to kill you if you leave it there.
Unless you want to DIY, so you expand everything so where the blade is now you can stretch everything to get larger screen

pontfirebird73

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

I just want to make it easy for my 7 year old to navigate without my assistance as i would be driving while she plays. I trief removing the onleft tags but it didn't work right. maybe i missed one. I give a lot of credit to whoever wrote all those tags that must have taken forever.

Mika--

• Archived User
Remove Blades?
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 04:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(pontfirebird73 @ Jun 11 2006, 05:18 AM) View Post

I just want to make it easy for my 7 year old to navigate without my assistance as i would be driving while she plays. I trief removing the onleft tags but it didn't work right. maybe i missed one. I give a lot of credit to whoever wrote all those tags that must have taken forever.

It should work, I just tried deleting all <onleft>x</onleft -tags from the games-xml and it worked, so maybe you missed one smile.gif