xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Beta Release Of Mc360 Any Chance?  (Read 523 times)

parediolia

• Archived User
Beta Release Of Mc360 Any Chance?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Fair enough its your project so you can do what ya want tongue.gif I appreciate you making it. It has gotten alot of light shed on it though for being a skin and some people probly dont like that but watever. It looks like an awesome peice of work, and I'm anxious to try it. BTW is the release date going to be postponed if he next stable build of XBMC (2.0) isn't finished, I would assume so because if the build isn't stable the skin won't be either. Right?

And whoever said don't ask him questions shutup thats what forums are for he doesn't have to respond, but hes nice to do so.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(italianiceag @ May 5 2006, 07:40 PM) View Post

<removed>

Now you can mask your comment by saying you are going to 'be real' all you want, what you just did was called pissing on what we have worked along time on. You have tried to compare a cut & paste job in photoshop with a skin that combines art (which I might add is the thing that has taken the LEAST time to complete), with coding, python scripting, organising jobs to specific people, translation, and all this fitting into work, home life and going out.

Now personally, I don't claim to be some professional, or even a company figurehead type of person. The username Blackbolt is just some name I picked many years ago to use as an online gaming name. I myself, am a normal guy, I like to go out get drunk with my mates, I like to play guitar and I like to do the odd project.

I am not a programmer at all, if anything I am just an artist, graphically mostly. What I have done with this skin is can not be determined wrong, the whole thing is a creative process, which means what we are doing can not be determined right or wrong, especially not determined in the domain of 'noobish'.

I know the internet is full of many different type of people, and many different type of people can take any written sentence in a number of ways. I may appear to be ignorant, but I have nothing to gain by acting like an asshole on a forum, its just lets say pretty pathetic to me, speaking down to people, critisizing, over the internet is totally pathetic to me to be honest.

But I would just like to say, parading those images that you made around and trying to compare to what we have done, is very ignorant. You think that the two compare? If you really want to compare, please create your own skin, not copying PM3 code, totally from scratch with new functions not found in any other skin, then bring that to the table. I don't find it at all pleasant having someone point out so called mistakes I am making in the way you have done it. Your whole attitude was to barge in here and lay it down. all real like, thinking you are where better, showing all these people the light, showing us as frauds, that what we are doing is crap and look you can do better in 20 mins. Where as to me you just layed down to everyone how very very ignorant you are.

There are a good ammount of people working with me helping me make my project their own project, there are alot of good people on this forum, talking about ideas, possibilities with the skin when its out of what can be done. Then there are the other people, the ones who whine, and moan about the skin not being out, about me being this and that. Those people, are wasting their time. They are just proving their worth. I have time for everyone on these forums, anyone who wants to praise, give and idea or even challenge us, but I don't have time for idiots that want to stir the pot and cause an argument.

Also about the comment about are release date being a noob error, nearly every single game out there, all the big games has suffered some form of delay to make it better. Are you calling the creators of some of the biggest and best games in history noobs? I cannot please everyone, no matter what I do or the way I speak, the way I put things, but one thing I am is honest and true, people that want to challenge me on any level, do it because you are just proving how fucking pathetic you are.

To anyone else that wants to ridicule this project, moan about shit we are doing, go elsewhere and do it, because if any more topics are started with negative comments the people will be muted and evenutally banned. I am creating a skin with some friends, I am not a moderator.

To those that care, I will be posting a new update on the website this sunday with new screenshots and a new trailer the follow week. Then the skin will released 1.0 after that. The 1.0 will have the 3 themes, the X360 Default, the Glass and the Carbon themes. Following soon after that will be the PM3 Theme, the Classic theme and then many more on and on into the coming months. I plan to keep things fresh and constantly improve.

Peace,

- Steve,

italianiceag

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(los93sol1 @ May 5 2006, 11:47 PM) View Post

if you don't have one, or aren't in the process of making one then please sit down, shut up, and ride it out like everyone else.

Again, this has been my first post in this entire forum even though I've been an avid fan of BB and XBMC since they both came about really.

It was only until BB acted as if he were a God that I spoke. I have nothing against the guy other than his arrogance in his one post, find me a post if me complaining about his project until today, and I'll gladly do whatever you like  love.gif

But hey, thanks for the lovely contribution to this discussion. It really added to everything, as you accused me of. Bravo.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 05:22:00 AM »

No-one should get banned, I have no control over banning people and I agree people shouldnt lose their accounts, but if the site owners think that what you have done warrants a ban, then who's to argue with them, they own the site, they fund it.

But there has been alot of harsh comments from both parties. The comments from me have been in bigger light though because people are probably expecting more of a professional attitude from me. We do need to end this childish bicker because it distracts from everything this forum is for.

Everyone needs to take a step back and realise what they are actually saying, it does seam pretty silly when taking it into perspective.

vinney

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

Blackbolt, good job on the skin, keep up the good work.

Fans: keep up the encouragment and ideas, contributing to the skin is just going to make it that much better  happy.gif

Flamers/Assholes: Why do you bother, if there is nothing constructive in your post towards this project or the team, please don't bother wasting everyones time (not to mention your own)

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

I think the main problem with the whole "xbox scene" is comprehension & retention. The posts in this (and many other) forums is a living testament to the fact.

I personally thank the modchip industry for making it too easy for all the invalids of our society to come on here and run off at the mouth with their "opinions" and "thoughts" of a project(s). I also blame Zoidberg...

rossmac

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

Yo xomp, you know me and i know you, how come you are totally different on these forums?

You are never immature nor do you make silly comments which are used to kindle an argument.   dry.gif  

Personally, I think this entire forum should be closed until such times that the skin is released so we can talk about the skin and the skin only.  Obviously this forum is intended for general disccusion/feature suggestion, but this has clearly become a place to dump your days annoyances on.

I cannot wait for this skin but likewise i cannot wat for this forum to either close or quiet down.

end rant

dcnigma

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(mcloum @ May 6 2006, 11:32 AM) View Post

Holy crap i cant beleive this guy got bannned. I mean come on its a forum! from what i read he didnt do anything wrong, he was speaking his mind just like blackbolt does everytime someone asks for a release date. jesus i've always found that the xbox community are a bit arrogant as well, im with you italianiceag

Yeah MR 12 posts biggrin.gif Okay this is not cool  muhaha.gif

First of al never had a english lesson, leard english my self. so expect some gramma errors jester.gif

Okay its no excuse to type alot faults but i think you all get the Picture.

first of all reading italianiceag post; i got the impresion that he need it very bad. the mc360 skin.

did he get himself in troubles. prommised some friends that he would skin there xbox 1 to a 360 lookalike.
and sins you did't make your release date. he is pissed of. i get that but no need for a flame war. or what you like to call it. these thing happen, i think bb having a very good life and like's to enjoy him self to.

but why do we want it? ohmy.gif  is it beacause its the wicked, best, biggest skin ever made.
I think so.

Ooooo yeah, i wanted it. but if there is one thing i learned form the DC-scene that is.

ASK every day if it done!

THIS will not get it done, but kills the project. if you do something for fun, you do it.
but if that same thing you love todo for fun gets a little anoying like countess  peeps asking are you done?
this will get on your breans and the project turns to full time work. (you want to finsh it as quick as you can so the peeps stop asking the same Q.)
and i dont think you all, like your work that mutch that you do it very quick to get faster home. you still have to work 8h a day.
Work is work you do it because you have to do it.

This is FUN for him, dont turn it to WORK because this is work that he don't have to do.
Its very easy to leave a project like this and do another things and forget it.
And we all sit here talking about some cool skin with wicked pic that never released to the public and bb enjoy's his own beta. (and he laughs and thinks howmany kidies are crying for the mc360 skin)

I would love the see it released when its done. because this is a very intresting project.
i am skinner to way back in the days Darth maul skin for Q3 if somepeeps know it.
never released things from myself into the wild except the Quake 3 skin model.
but i love to see the mc360 skin jumps free in the wild

Greetz a Big fan and keep on working biggrin.gif

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Hhaha, great read, made me laugh! biggrin.gif

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(rossmac @ May 6 2006, 02:49 PM) View Post

Yo xomp, you know me and i know you, how come you are totally different on these forums?

You are never immature nor do you make silly comments which are used to kindle an argument.   dry.gif  

Personally, I think this entire forum should be closed until such times that the skin is released so we can talk about the skin and the skin only.  Obviously this forum is intended for general disccusion/feature suggestion, but this has clearly become a place to dump your days annoyances on.

I cannot wait for this skin but likewise i cannot wat for this forum to either close or quiet down.

end rant

I do it for the sake of Blackbolt smile.gif He often requests me to come on here and try to lighten the mood a bit with some random retort that's light hearted but that dude got under my skin with his holier than my moms disposition LOL How do some of these assholes manage to breath is beyond me at times tongue.gif

I agree, someone needs to get in here and just start kicking some ass or close it down till the skin is released, or atleast take away peoples posting priv's and leave it to the admins/mods to post with updates or something maybe.

impwiz

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(blackbolt)
To those that care, I will be posting a new update on the website this sunday with new screenshots...

I think we all care. even the lamers/haters.

Crash83

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 04:38:00 AM »

Two questions.....

One isnt the beauty of the internet freedom of speech/press to say how we feel?

and secondly cant we all just get along, push differences aside, agree that its going to be a beautiful skin? and discuss something a lil better? anybody get a new car, or a new cd or see a new movie?

Chris.

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(ameba @ May 7 2006, 05:22 PM) View Post

There are no "rules" to the internet.

Erm, yes there is, and lots of them!

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(ameba @ May 7 2006, 08:53 PM) View Post

actually, no.  There are laws that apply to everything including the internet, but there are no rules of the internet.

A law is a rule!

http://dictionary.re...om/search?q=law

Alex Atkin UK

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

But remember equally that when people are doing things for the "fun" of it like this skin too much bickering can just as easily make it not fun anymore.  Once its not fun then theres no reason to continue.

Also about rules on the Internet.  People seem to forget that every single server on the Internet has some rule or other for its usage.  The main rule being that if you do anything the people who are paying the bill object to they have the complete right to ban you.  Equally so the people who run this forum have ever right to ban whoever they want for whatever they want, its their forum and they have the same rights as you have to kick someone out of your house.  

When you are in someone elses house its only good manners not to argue with the host, the same applies to the Internet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3