xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Beta Release Of Mc360 Any Chance?  (Read 524 times)

Voodoo Child

• Archived User
Beta Release Of Mc360 Any Chance?
« on: May 03, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

They will not release anything until its 100 percent finished and they are only working on it on their spare time and as a hobby so dont expect anything soon.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

you forget, XBMC was in development for MONTHS before it even got a public alpha.

Same with MC360, when it is released, technically it will be beta because it will be an ongoing project just like XBMC, infact it will be an ongoing project to keep up with XBMC and also any cool new additions we want in.

You could say the skin is currently in alpha, because its not fully completed yet, as in there are gaps in the code, some graphics missing etc. Which means untill its feature complete, which I use to determine we have all the graphics done and at least initial code for sections done, we wont start calling it beta. But that phase is zooming up fast now.

But to answer your question, no early releases. This skin will be released in a useable function, totally standalone, no need for any messing about, just drop it in XBMC skin folder and select it in settings, and then you are able to use it.

Just keep your eyes stuck to this forum and the website. As we get closer and closer I will stop being so tight lipped about our production and let you guys have more info, but as of now, any time I spend here reading and replying, I could be working on more code or textures. So untill I have more spare time expect very limited news.

Voodoo Child

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ May 3 2006, 09:54 PM) View Post

you forget, XBMC was in development for MONTHS before it even got a public alpha.

Same with MC360, when it is released, technically it will be beta because it will be an ongoing project just like XBMC, infact it will be an ongoing project to keep up with XBMC and also any cool new additions we want in.

You could say the skin is currently in alpha, because its not fully completed yet, as in there are gaps in the code, some graphics missing etc. Which means untill its feature complete, which I use to determine we have all the graphics done and at least initial code for sections done, we wont start calling it beta. But that phase is zooming up fast now.

But to answer your question, no early releases. This skin will be released in a useable function, totally standalone, no need for any messing about, just drop it in XBMC skin folder and select it in settings, and then you are able to use it.

Just keep your eyes stuck to this forum and the website. As we get closer and closer I will stop being so tight lipped about our production and let you guys have more info, but as of now, any time I spend here reading and replying, I could be working on more code or textures. So untill I have more spare time expect very limited news.

I dont get it one day your saying it will not get release until 100 percent finish and then you contradict yourself saying it will be beta when you release i dont know if its me or not but  black you seems to me that your making this stuff up as you go along.There is no way it is in alpha because it was suppose to be released a couple of times but now its in alpha. I just dont get the long excuses you keep throwing at us compared to when you first started

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

Dude, I by saying 100 feature complete I mean all the designed ideas are skinned and the skin is usable without any gaps. That to me is Beta, as it can still have bugs, but the skin is structurally complete.

I havent contridicted myself. also this skin was only ever given one confirmed target release date of April 7th. That was the only date that I said it was officially coming out, granted we didnt meet that date.

I havent given ANY excuses and I never will give 'excuses' for anything because I don't owe anyone any explanations. Its growing tiresome having to repeat myself to lazy people who don't read the other posts I make or the website. Listen if you are not happy with anything we are doing, get your own team together and start construction on your own skin. Untill you have done what I have done, don't question it.

PM3 took a couple of months to construct based on 1.3 Skinning engine, Orbs has taken months, PDM has taken months. Skins don't just magically appear from thin air once they are designed, there is a shit load of hard work that goes into this.

Noodlez

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »

In a way everything that is released is a beta even if you think it's finished something will allways come up that needs a tweak or change or added. So there, you will get your beta when we all do.
Beside there are at least 10 team members and I am sure if they need help testing something they will have contacted the people they want to help them.

It's really kind of silly people are getting so worked up and expecting this and that and whatnot. There is no reason for it, your not paying for the skin and it's just a freakin skin at that. Your gonna be all wow for a day then after that it's just a nice looking skin.

I say they keep working keep having fun as I am sure there having a blast finding out just what all they can get XBMC to do and release it when there ready be it next week next month or the end of the year.

k3n85

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

Maybe this is me just venting because of college finals....but I can feel ya on group work and how hard it is to get together and actually work. Trying to 3 group projects w/ 10+ people is rediculus in the college situation. . so many schedules. Ending up having to wrap up most of the 3 by myself cause people are retards...

Now actually about MC360, letting BB set it straight for the 100th time, I agree, and other should just learn to read before they say stuff...honestly!  I personally wouldnt mind another 1.5 weeks at least, cause then i can finish finals then play!!

Again thanks to BB & team, and enjoy the project, otherwise whats the point?

cashkid

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrogers @ May 3 2006, 06:33 PM) View Post

Please keep up the good work, Blackbolt. Being able to somewhat empathize with your situation, I feel the need to apologize for the behavior of others on this forum. I hope it doesn't discourage you in the long run; know that I and many others keep an eye on this forum and patiently -- and quietly -- await what looks like a very cool skin. Best regards.

Im one of them and I have to say that I would of closed this forum a long time ago.
But keep up the great work BB + team. pop.gif

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

just perusing to keep up to speed with this project (looks great btw) and laughed my arse off at voodoochild. seems he's got a habit of being a little oversensitive when it comes to things that have nothing to do with him.

see here for reference. lol voodoo child get over yourself.

timo1023

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

JESUS, stop posting the same things in this forum over and over again. You know you aren't going to get a different response and you also know that Blackbolt isn't going ot release a beta. Seriously, find something else to do with your time.

QUOTE(xomp @ May 3 2006, 08:26 PM) View Post

We don't need to know such things Malik05.. we really don't.. stay on topic please kthnx

Extremely immature, but it hilarious nonetheless.

los93sol1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

Can't sit back and watch the bitching continue.  If you haven't contributed anything to the skin then be grateful you'll be getting anything at all and shut the fuck up...seems to be a few people continuing to stir the pot, and honestly, I'm surprised you haven't been muted yet so you can learn when it's time to knock it off and zip it.  Shall we start a 'wall of shame' and add it to the site?  Probably pointless since there are only a select handful of people here that are greatful and supportive of the project.  Oh, and before you start feelin all frisky again, waiting for your chance to start some more bullshit, think about what you're posting before you take it upon yourself to let the entire forum see how ignorant you really are.

Regards,
Los93soL

edgie345

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

I just wanted to say one thing.......cheesecake.

Sohilait

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

Just waiting for the MC360!!! Lovely

afortaleza

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(edgie345 @ May 4 2006, 07:35 AM) View Post

I just wanted to say one thing.......cheesecake.

Well said ! One of the best things I've eaten in the US ! smile.gif

HarshReality

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

Beta... NO
Date... No

All your succeeding in doing is putting the release farther away by forcing BB to reply to this foolishness and take away from time that could be spent coding. Also, a small reminder when group coding a skin production time usually goes up by a factor of 4 since your not only quardinating your schedule but that of others.

sneekysneeky

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(HarshReality)

Posted Today, 10:37 AM
Beta... NO
Date... No

All your succeeding in doing is putting the release farther away by forcing BB to reply to this foolishness and take away from time that could be spent coding. Also, a small reminder when group coding a skin production time usually goes up by a factor of 4 since your not only quardinating your schedule but that of others.

Man, it's getting boring now. Like a stuck record. For a start, BB isn't the only person working  on the skin - and I fail to believe that BB having to reply to posts is going to push the release date back. That's just plain stoopid.

If people just posted positive, and good things about the skin and BB replied to them positively - then would you ask them to stop posting in case it pushed the release date back?!?  jester.gif

I can't understand how this part of Xbox-scene forums is even still open. It's pointless now. BB has already hinted that no new ideas will be implemented into the skin before the release now - people have also been told they aren't allowed to ask for a beta release, release date, why it's delayed, how far off it is... So there's nothing much else to say really is there. The only threads that seem to be okay now are the "BB r0xx0rz" ones.

Plus, who's forcing BB to reply? If he just left the idiots be that post these pointless questions/posts - then people wouldn't keep persisting in doing more of them.

I think some kind of update would help the scene greatly, no matter how small. But I don't have any faith in that happening anymore either.  unsure.gif

Maybe the hype bandwagon should've been started when the skin was almost ready for release as people seem to be straying off now from frustration - and I don't blame them. Instead this forum has been left mainly with n00bs asking questions asked a thousand times already. Then people like Jaydee end up getting stressed about it and having to slap hands. It's a shame really, but on the other hand I can't blame these people for asking after dangling a carrot over their noses and then snatching it away.  rolleyes.gif

I know it's easily going to be worth the wait and my visits here have decreased here from every other hour to one every week or so, to just once every blue moon. I can almost guarantee that I wont know mc360 has been released until about 2 weeks after it's out!  laugh.gif

Finally I would ike to make it perfectly clear that this post wasn't made to piss on the skin.  happy.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3